Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013
      1 point
    I have an acquaintance who keeps asking me to share where I get some of my supplies. For instance she loves the dragon's blood one and she wants to know where to buy the FO. Since she doesn't buy off me - EVER this kind of bothers me. I have offered to sell her a bit of mine but that's not what she wants. She did briefly mention in the past that she has dabbled in DIY body products. So far I have been able to brush her queries aside but I kinda feel they are rude. Suggestions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013
      1 point
    Maybe invite her to take a class, one she pays for, and as part of that she will get a list of suppliers.

If she doesn't want to do that, I would kindly but firmly explain to her that you did a lot of footwork and that this is your livelihood and that sorry, you're not going to share your secret.

I run into people like this all the time. If someone wants to know, I say Google.
  1.   0 points
    If I do not want to give my info, I do not. I do not apologize for it, it is my business and that is that! I worked long and hard to develop my recipes so I do not give those...EVER. Most of my scents are Eo blends, and those too are my creations, so I do NOT give them out. If I were to purchase a FO that someone wanted, I may or may not give that info. If it were a person who just wants to make their own and that bothered me, then I would just say I buy from several places and I found each and every one of them on the net, best of wishes. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
      1 point
    Thanks ladies :)
    Saying NO isn't something that comes easily to me but I did a lot of research to find places and some ya'all were kind enough to tell me about. Thing is if she was another soap maker in another town I'd happily tell her.
    • CommentAuthorlcwillson
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2013
      3 points
    Hi Mesha,
    It is always hard to say no. it makes us feel rude when aren't "Nice". I have to agree here, this is what you work so **** every day! If she was asking me, I would say something like I have a soap in that scent that I sell. How many bars would you like?