Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorCece
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013
      0 points
    I recently purchased some Tuber Rose and Mimosa Floral Waxes. Has anyone used these? Suggested rates from suppliers seems to be up to 10% in body products like lotions and creams. I assume you replace part of another type of wax if using them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013
      0 points
    I recently saw something on Nature's Gift's site about using making all natural rose soap with an absolute so I messaged her to find out how much to use and she told me she uses rose wax with the absolute to make it more affordable. Near as I can tell from her response she is using around 1/2 oz PPO.
    Idk if I would replace any of the ewax with it though since I'd be afraid it might fail your lotion. I'd experiment with a decrease in stearic 1st or just not worry about it. Also I'd probably do a small batch and not add anything heat sensitive to it until I'd let it fully cool so if I wasn't happy with it I could remelt it. Good luck with your experiment :)
  1.   0 points
    So Cece....did you ever use your Tuber Rose and Mimosa Floral Waxes?? what did you do with them and how did it turn out?? can you describe the texture of the waxes please? is it like bee wax, or like Jojoba Oil...a liquid wax...what? I have not heard of floral waxes before :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSimona
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2015
      0 points
    the waxes are, well, waxes. Solids. I found Jasmin and rose waxes softer while tuberose and mimosa harder.
    I would not use them at a high level in leave in skincare, as the yare , well, waxes, and can feel draggy. They also contain fragranced molecules and may trigger the same irritation as their EO/Absolutes counterparts.

I used them in solid perfumes, facial oils, body/hands cream at 1% or less. Too much scent!

Jasmine is overpowering, tuberose the same (and they also colour slightly the products)
    • CommentAuthorCece
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2015
      0 points
    I haven't ever used the ones I purchased yet. I appreciate what Simona has written, so maybe I'll try them in perfumes. They are so very strong - wish I'd not purchased them actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSimona
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2015
      0 points
    I actually like Jasmine and TUberose or TUberose + rose in hands products. On my face, fragrance is NO NO . Here's what a simple facial FRAGRANCED mask did to me today ... all other ingredients were safe for me. I threw the box and the mask before copying the ingredients list :)

2.   0 points
    oh wow!! you are sensitive and I feel bad for anybody who has reactions like that cause all you wanted was an enjoyable face mask and instead u got all red!! oh boy...at least you know for YOU What triggers that kind of reaction...sorry that happened to you.

Thank you Very much for explaining the waxes....so..Jojoba is also A liquid wax...I gather it is just like this oil/wax.

thanks for the info Simona
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2015
      1 point
    I was wondering about floral waxes as well. But for soap. So if anyone has ever used them in soap, please chime in!