Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2013
      0 points
    and wasn't sure what to think about it. This came to my business web site (email) and I haven't looked up the info or anything. What do you make of this? And no, I don't have time or inclination to go into business with anyone else at this point. Here it is...

Comment
    Hello,

I came across your information online and wanted to get in touch to see if you can help.

I work for a NY-based jewelry company called Macha (www.machajewelry.com) and we are looking to open a store in the near future selling our jewelry as well as other gifts, including soaps, perfumes etc. As a result we are looking for a soap manufacturer who could help us develop our own small range of cosmetics.

Is this something you think you could help with? If not, do you have any suggestions of somewhere else that might be able to help? Any advice would be much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
    Claire Thorp (c/o Bernice Kelly, Company Director of Macha)
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      0 points
    I would look up the company. I got a email similar to this a few months back and got all excited, but it turned out to be a scam very similar to those nigerian money laundering e-mails that were circulating a few years back. I would be careful and not give them any information until they dish out theirs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorc2bb54
      0 points
    You can also look at the grammar. People who are in business usually won't communicate this way and the grammar in this is not the best. It just wreaks of scam. So sorry about that. Cindy
  1.   1 point
    The company seems legitimate. Etsy shop, pinterest boards, a write up in Creem. Very easy to Google them on the internet. The owner of the company is indeed Bernice Kelly.
    If you wanted to contact them though, I would go to their website directly to inquire about verifying this offer. I definitely would not click any links or attachments embedded into the original email.
    Scammers can use the identity of a real company, but the link will take you somewhere else.
    Scams are getting more sophisticated every day. Would be nice if someone really has seen your work and wanted to expand your ideas. I'd proceed with extreme caution though.
  2.   0 points
    I agree with Susan, contact them through their website, and proceed with caution. If it is a scam, I am sure they would appreciate the heads up on how the company name is being used.

Crystal
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2013
      0 points
    I doubt very much that I will contact them at all. I have so much other stuff going on, I just can't be in so many places at the same time!

I feel that with the impersonal way this was written, nothing specific, very generalized, it probably is a scam. Oh well.

Thanks for the feedback!