Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorJaellra
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
      0 points
    How do I find out the ingredients of this? I don't see it under the product description on MMS. Also, would it be a good daily conditioner for non-swimmers? I'm always trying to save a penny and $16 a gallon is a great price.

Thanks!

Lisa
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009
      0 points
    Lisa,

I've sent a note to our web catalog editor and she will fix it. The ingredient listing should be up in a couple of hours.
    • CommentAuthorZany in CO
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009
      1 point
    Thanks for asking, Lisa. I was wondering about the ingredient list as well. BTW, hair conditioner is pretty easy to make... water + 3% oil + conditioning emulsifier makes a perfectly acceptable base -- then you add whatever extracts or other goodies you like. It may take a bit of trial & error, but the result is a conditioner that is perfectly suited to your needs.

Cee
    •  
      CommentAuthorJaellra
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009
      0 points
    Thank you Andee and Zany! Wow Zany, you sure know alot! I'm going to use the base because I'm lazy!, and this is for Christmas presents for all the ladies in my family and my husbands. I was thinking, Back To Basics hair care makes this amazing smelling Raspberry Almond shampoo and conditioner I used to buy at a salon when I used to live in Michigan. I was thinking about it last night, and I'm thinking I might like to try creating something that smells similar. It's all hit or miss really. I know what *I* like to smell, but my sister, sisters-in-law and my Mom all have different scent preferances, and of course, they're almost all different. I'm definitely going to try out the MMS Sap Moss, and I already have a Cotton and Rain scent in my arsenal, so we'll see what I decide on. I do know I'll definitely be using the Mint Medley for one of my hubby's sisters. Although I'm wondering if that would be an ok scent for shampoo, conditioner and a shower gel. Maybe too much Mint? Although I haven't bought it yet to smell it! Sigh, too much to think about!

Thanks again!
      0 points
    Lisa, I don't think you'll be disappointed with MMS new fragrance "Lotus" -- it smells so lovely. I had a soaping buddy from MO visiting her folks here in CO. When she came over she sniffed practically every FO I had in my cabinet. Lotus is the only one she's definitely going to get. It's very feminine, upscale and sophiscated. Luv it!
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009 edited
      1 point
    Lisa, don't be afraid to create your own blend of Raspberry Almond FO blend. If I can do it, you can too! Just trust your nose. The way I do it is I write down the blends I want to try first -- first in my fragrance log book and on a label:

EXAMPLE:
    3 drops Almond
    3 drops Raspberry

2 drops Almond
    4 drops Raspberry

4 drops Almond
    2 drops Raspberry

Next, I put a cotton ball on a square of tinfoil and drop the drops -- one on top of the other. I sniff. At this point I may think the almond is so overwhelming I might try 1 drop almond to 5 drops raspberry -- and so on until I have it where I imagine it in my mind.

Since it takes time for a fragrance to meld, I leave these out in the air and sniff them every hour or so before deciding which I like best. I may wait a few days to see if I change my mind. I then fold the foil over the cottonball, add the label and store it. I'll wait 2 weeks, 1 month, and even a year later to sniff again to see if the one I liked best is still the best of the group. Fragrances do mellow over time.

HTH

Cee

Here are some FOs to consider:

Fragrance Oils - Intense Almond Fragrance Oil
Almond is perhaps one of the most popular scents. It gives a down home, warm, wrap you in comfort feeling. This is a good one to put in facial bars, or luxurious body bars.

Fragrance Oils - Raspberry Fragrance Oil
Raspberry is inviting on it's own or works well in combinations of other fruits, or even added with cocoa butter for a raspberry truffle that will be indulgent.

Fragrance Oils - Red Clover Tea Fragrance
A bright and fruity bouquet with top notes of raspberry, pineapple, nectarine and green tea. The heart blends white lilies, sweet pea, muguet and red clover, the dry down is contemporary with fresh marine notes and a soft, sensual musk.

Fragrance Oils - Black Raspberry Fragrance Oil
Immerse your senses in this wonderful aroma and experience the fusion of juicy ripe raspberry enveloped in rich luxurious vanilla. Compare this to Bath & Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla. I certainly can't think of a better combination than fresh berries and exotic vanilla
    •  
      CommentAuthorJaellra
      0 points
    Cee, thank you so much for all the information you've thrown my way! Have you by chance tried the MMS Gingerbread and Spice scent? I was looking for something like Philosophy's Gingerbread Man they do over the holidays, was thinking maybe the Gingerbread and Spice might be good for a shower gel, but I'm not sure on the hair care items. Ok, I'll try the Lotus too!

Lisa
      0 points
    You're welcome, Lisa. I've not tried G & S -- I tend to avoid anything that has "bread" in it -- LOL. There's just something about "bread" that turns me off. But I did look at the description. Can't tell much from that. LOL Maybe Andee will drop by with a better description? Might be okay.

I can recommend MMS Ginger Essence tho. I've sold literally gallons of lotion fragranced with that scent. Everyone likes it and often comments on it.

Personally, I wouldn't try for a "seasonal" FO -- people will be more inclined to re-order if it's something they can wear year round. ;-)

Cee
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009
      0 points
    Lisa,
    I should pre-warn you. My personal hobbies include baking and therefore, I love food scents. Now that you have been pre-warned, here are my thoughts.

The Gingerbread & Spice Fragrance Oil smells of a dark molasses, sweetened with brown sugar, spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, and then heated. All of that combined, gives a fantastic holiday baked goods scent. When I was a little munchkin, my mom would always bake millions of cookies around the holidays and I swear this smells just like her freshly baked gingerbread cookies. (Oddly enough, my cookies never smell like that!) This does smell spicier than the mild gingerbread cookies most make or buy. This is more along the lines of Olde English Baked Gingerbread. Not modern bland gingerbread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJaellra
      0 points
    Mmm, that sounds so good Andee! I personally love the food scents. I'm getting so torn on what scents I should use lol. I'd like to use the 1oz per gallon, but then everyone will have the exact same Christmas gifts. So I'll have to split it up some! So, I'll go with the Sap Moss, Mint Medley, Lotus, and maybe the Raspberry Almond if I can come up with a mixture I like. I think I'll save the Gingerbread and Spice til after Christmas for my own personal use ;)

Thanks you two!
      0 points
    You're welcome, Lisa. I think you have a nice balance there.

Cee
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009
      0 points
    I would agree with Cee that you have a nice balance for gifts.
  1.   0 points
    Hi Cee,

I just read your comment about how to make a base hair conditioner from Oct 17, 2009. I was wondering about the conditioning emulsifier... if I have emulsifying wax, can use it instead? If yes, should I add something to make it "conditioning"?
    Also, your base hair conditioner, is it for use as a after shampoo and rinse it or can you use it as a leave in conditioner?

Thanks for your recipe!

Julie ^_^

PS: I love your descriptions of the fragrance oils above.
  2.   0 points
    Hi Cee,

Looking over the other discussions for hair conditioner tips, I notice I already ask you (and received and answer, thank!) about using simple emulsifying wax instead of conditioning. Sorry about this doubling.
    I think the recipe you had given then was used as a rinse out conditioner, so I guess it is my turn to be the gynea pig and try the recipe as a leave in conditioner and report the results.

I will see what I can come up with,

Julie ^_^
  3.   0 points
    Julie, I wish I could be more help, but I have the kind of hair that goes flat if I use conditioner. I tend to just condition the ends and let it go at that. Andee made a great Serum to Repair Split Ends on her blog. Check it out. It's easy to make and makes your hair so shiny! I think it would work well for a leave in conditioner. You don't need much and the extracts are good for hair.

Cee
  4.   0 points
    Amazing tips!!!!