Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013
      0 points
    One of the ladies in my meditation group wants me to make a bubble bath for her daughter. Making a liquid soap is out since there is no way I can get something like that done right now before the holiday. She wants something that is going to help with dry skin too. I have SLSA so I thought I'd make some kind of bubbling bath powder with that and add some dry milk, powdered oatmeal, Natrasorb, powdered chamomile and possibly baking soda.
    I need some advice though. I'm not to familiar with the SLSA yet and how much I need to get some nice bubbles without being too drying.
    What % of the mix should I make it?
    Also will the sodium bicarbonate or milk reduce the lather?

Thanks for the advice :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2013
      0 points
    Liquid soap will take a day and it is less than constant work. Making something with SLSA will certainly require some care to make sure it is not too drying because this ingredient is drying when too much is added.

You can try one of the bases in our catalog but hard water will use up the bubbles quickly. Your ideas of additions are great, except maybe the baking soda. Milk, oatmeal and Natrasorb will all help the skin feel softer, smoother and more comfortable. Botanicals can help too. If bubbles are the primary goal then I would either make the liquid soap or get one of the bases.

Tina
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2013
      0 points
    Thanks Andee!

Why not the baking soda?
    Any good liquid soap recipes that would be super bubbly you'd recommend?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2013
      1 point
    So I gave it a try using 1/4 of the recipe as Lathanol LAL Powder/ SLSA powder with natrasorb, epsom salt and Milk powder as the rest of the recipe in equal portions. I was terribly disappointed! I used about a 1/2 teas in around 2 inches of water in the kitchen sink to test it and barely got a bubble :/ I also tried it without the salt with equal potions to the same poor effect.
    I ended up telling the lady that I couldn't help her bcse what I have right now I wouldn't put my name on.

What did I do wrong?

Anyone have a recipe for this they'd be willing to share and let me adapt?
    • CommentAuthorBonnie
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2014
      0 points
    Interesting. I've been toying with making a "bath powder" similar to what you're talking about. I even ordered the SLSA, but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I should do my first experiment this weekend and report back.
  1.   0 points
    Mesha,

Why not use your friend as a tester. You do not have to charge her for it, but you get another opinion. A chance to create, get feedback and tweak, until you have a product you can stand behind.

Question: when you are testing, do you run the water and then add the powder or Add the powder while the water is running. I have never had issues with SLSA not creating bubbles. But you have to add it to running water. Think of it like regular bubble bath, added to still water, it just floats, add it to running water and boom, you have bubbles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014
      0 points
    She was wanting it as a gift for her daughter so that wouldn't have really worked. It's a great idea though for other situations.

I put about a teas of the mix in an inch or so water in the kitchen sink whole continuing to run the water and sloshing it around with my hand to try to work up some bubbles.
    I think the batch might be a dud if that's possible. I used it in some bath salt or something in a previous swap and the results weren't to great then either. Only 1 person seemed to get any good bubbles with it. Another possibility might be the water softness/ hardness.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEsther
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014
      1 point
    In my experience, high fat / oil ingredients kill bubbles.
  2.   0 points
    HMMM... Going to have to play with my SLSA this weekend. Just did inventory and found I have two brand new containers. I am certain I have a plan for it, just need to get around to doing so....