Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorEsther
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2014
      0 points
    AND another friend has a bottle of perfume she wants used in a batch of soap.

Any adverse effects due to the alcohol or can I add it like oil?
    • CommentAuthorcaren
      0 points
    see if they have a dupe for it at fragrancefinder.com, I would not try it with the alcohol, the fragrance could vaporize and have little or no scent, along with what it might do to the soap!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEsther
      0 points
    OK. The issue is it's a bottle she got in an estate sale and I think it's hard to come by....but I'll look for a dupe. Thank you!
  1.   0 points
    I would be cautious as well, perhaps add the perfume to a body scrub, lotion bar or bath soak. But not soap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2014
      0 points
    It won't work nicely. It is best if you can add it to melt and pour soap.
    I wish I had better news.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEsther
      0 points
    Actually, I have melt and pour soap on hand... she's about the fragrance here, the soap could be anything.
    It's worth a try.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      0 points
    Esther - you always hot process your soap, right? I don't see where it would really harm the soaping process if the perfume was added once the cooking is finished. The only issue would be that if you add the perfume to it when it's still pretty warm, some of the alcohol in it would instantly evaporate and with it some of the scent. So I would try to cool it down as much as possible while it's still moldable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2014
      0 points
    Since the perfume isn't concentrated I'd be worried I wouldn't have enough to give it a good scent.