Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.   0 points
    Ok, I am doing an annual art show in a town which is 1 hour and 15 minutes away from me, if the roads are decent. I have my soaps in a retail location right across the street from this art show. He prices my items $1.00 more per bar than I do.

Question:

Should I price my soaps to match his while at the show, or keep my prices the same as always?
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014
      0 points
    I think talking to your retail customer is what you need to do.

Talking things out can solve a lot of problems. It can keep him as a wholesale customer and it can boost your direct sales. Maybe you can offer him some exclusive fragrances during the show and let folks know they can buy your soaps there. Maybe during the show he can reduce his prices or you can raise your, or you meet half way.

Talking is best.

Tina
    • CommentAuthorHannahobs
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014
      0 points
    I would not compete with a retail customer of mine. I would price them the same as the shop does at a show.

I sell in some local shops so when I do shows I price according to the closest retailer.
    When I sell from my home I lower the price.

Does he know that you do this show? One of my retail customers didn't want me to do any shows at all! So I don't do shows in that area for now.
    Hannah
  2.   1 point
    Yes he knows about the show, tis how he found me. I have to deliver to him on Friday before the show, I will talk with him then.