Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMaryT8M
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014
      0 points
    I'm laughing as I write this post......one of my more adventurous students decided to go ahead and cook down some red cabbage in water, then added that water to her soap at trace.......even though I told her what I read here. She reports that it started out at a gray blue color (for a few seconds) then quickly turned bright orange. Once she cut the soap the color continued to morph into a medium brown.....................she did NOT add any FO and her soap had a strong cabbage smell (enough that she left it out in her garage). By the time I saw her soap the smell had faded (I had to really sniff it) but it had the EXACT smell of the inside of a newer tennis shoe! IMHO!!

She also had a second layer to her soap.........wishing I knew how to post pictures. She infused some of the olive oil from the recipe she was using with Paprika in her microwave. Then after the oil had cooled and she liked the color, she poured off the oil and added that weighed (reserved amount) back to her recipe at trace. She said both the red cabbage layer and the paprika layer looked about the same color for a time, but now the paprika layer is a very pretty red
    • CommentAuthorTaylor
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2014
      0 points
    That is funny. Oh the joys of natural colorants! You never know what you are going to get.

Mary,
    If you want to insert a photo, copy a URL link of somewhere you have the image online. Insert the URL here and we should see it.
    • CommentAuthorMaryT8M
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2014 edited
      1 point
    Taylor I added pictures to my post on what FO/scent to use on these guys......we're going to rebatch at least the bottom (the red cabbage colored part)

Thanks for the info on posting pictures