Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcabella
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2014
      0 points
    I just made a batch of hp soap and it i really nice.Question.It was a bit thin in thickness for the mold I used.It is in the kitchen cooling and hardening.Can I come along at this stage and pour another layer?Wow it smells good.Lilac is my favorite flower and the whole house smells wonderful!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2014
      0 points
    Absolutely. It is best to do it while the soap is still fresh so it sticks together.
    • CommentAuthorcabella
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2014
      0 points
    Thanks Andee.Looks good today and smells heavenly.
    • CommentAuthorMaryT8M
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2014
      1 point
    I asked the same question of Tina a couple years ago. IF I remember correctly she suggested spritzing rubbing alcohol lightly over the first layer........I didn't do that because I already made the layered soap by the time I read her reply. The "older" soap was still pretty fresh, and I didn't have any trouble with it splitting apart. I also did not scent the new soap because I thought the first layer was a little strong......it was a very successful soap.

Good luck with yours. Post a picture.....I LOVE pictures
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014
      0 points
    ooooo I love lilacs. I have a gorgous white lilac bush and woul dlove someday to use it to make my own EO. would love to hear how this turned out for you.