Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.   5 points
    Sharing with my squeaky clean, bubbly friends. I gave one month notice today at my day job. In exactly 4 weeks, 16 working days, I will be self employed.

Thank you to MMS for being an amazing supplier with quality goods. Thank you to all that have participated in swaps and help me get to this point in my life. With feedback and encouraging my packaging ideas.

Mushy, I know,

Crystal
  2.   2 points
    Wow, congratulations.
    I hope you do well.
    I didn't have a day job to quit when I started soaping.
    I have been self employed for about 9 years.
    Welcome to doing a little of this and that to get through the thin times.
    Some of the freedom is GREAT!
    Sometimes a steady check would be nice.
    But to control ones own destiny is, for me, the only path to continue down.
    Best of luck on the journey down your path.
    (Not even close to too mushy)
  3.   2 points
    Thanks Susan,

I fortunately have the wonderful support of My soulmate, he is the money maker in the family. We decided I would establish my business first, so then when the time is right and all goes well, he will then quit his job to assist me. AKA he will farm, and drive me to my fairs. If one does not dream, then life has ended at that moment. I am with you on the control of ones destiny. I would rather be a little skinnier in the pocket book, than in a job I am not happy with. I am not giving my employer 100%, and I feel quilty for collecting a paycheck. If I do not give my new employer 100%, then it will be time for a nap, or a margarita to reevaluate the situation. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014
      1 point
    Crystal that's awesome!!! I wish you the very best success!!!
    • CommentAuthorTaylor
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014
      1 point
    Whoot! That is fantastic. Congratulations!
  4.   1 point
    Thanks Ana and Taylor!
    • CommentAuthorCece
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2014
      3 points
    Congratulations on your decision Crystal and welcome to the world of the self-employed. Wishing you all the best.
  5.   1 point
    Thank you Cece,

My youngest (19 yrs old) although very proud of me, is uncertain of all of the projects he and I will be doing throughout my new found career path. Lucky for him, by the time my sentence is served at my day job, I will be waist deep in craft fairs. All of the home to do's will be put on hold.
    • CommentAuthorHannahobs
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014 edited
      0 points
    Wow! Good for you Crystal! You sound like you have really been building your business so there won't be much down time. How exciting. I would love to hear more about how you did it.
    Best of luck!

Spoke too soon; I just went to your web page and all I can say is WOW. Such beautiful products! You have really been working hard at this for some time. Your soaps are just beautiful and the packaging is so special!
    Great stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014
      1 point
    Congratulations, Crystal! That's a huge jump! Best wishes in your new endeavors.
  6.   0 points
    Hanna,

Hmm, how I did it, persistence I suppose. I knew from the beginning I wanted a soap company to be my life. I just had to learn, practice, sell and wait for the kiddos to be all graduated from school. I am still working some kinks out and finalizing my packaging. I feel I have a strong look to my products. I am a firm believer that things really do happen in life when they are suppose to. Keep your eyes open and do not be afraid of the opportunities when they present themselves. If you are uncertain, be strong and be honest, the customer will appreciate that in the end. Research, research, research. Trial and error. And above all else, Believe in your product and yourself.
  7.   0 points
    Thank you Christine!
  8.   1 point
    p.s. Hanna,

I could not have done this without the support and learning openness of this forum and Majestic Mountain Sage. The Sage has guided me, helped me and taught me so much along the way. They are full of compassion and hope for the best success of every one of their customers.
  9.   0 points
    Congrats Crystal-Dirty Water! I'm glad you're following your dreams. I just saw this post and almost put my dream on hold again. I'm not. Thanks for the wisdom of your soap making knowledge.
    I need to check out your website.
  10.   0 points
    Not sure how much wisdom I have to share Tigerlilies, but I am sure enjoying myself. We have had a lot of company since I became self employed, so I have not settled int o a schedule just yet. Soon, Soon I am certain I will.
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014
      0 points
    Congratulations!! some day I hope to be able to the same, maybe when my children are older
  11.   2 points
    Update, still doing well. Still no schedule, just making and selling soap. Attempting to be stocked for the upcoming holiday season. The most difficult thing is separating business from house. It is a schedule thing. I have to clean the kitchen before I can wash up all my soap dishes.... IT is a great dilemma to have, but just the same a dilemma.

Less computer time, man I am behind on the Forum discussions. and everything else computer related. My old day job was quite boring and I had all of the time in the world to research whatever I wanted. I miss that.

Have a wonderfully soapy day
    Crystal
  12.   0 points
    Good For You Crystal-Dirty Water!!! You are your OWN Boss!!! FUN FUN FUN....ya, I know its lots of work for you, but at least the work done is what YOU CHOOSE it to be. YEA, GOOD FOR YOU!!! :-)