Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcgawlik77
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2014
      0 points
    Well a new chapter in my book of life starts today! last year I worked for a restraunt that closed in February, I was offered to pick up shifts in the parent restraunt so I did, last night it closed! Very bittersweet! All of our guests are great and I have spent the better part of the last 5 years taking care and getting to know the people of the community, have made some awesome friends in the process., Unfortunately this does not mean I have more time to soap and craft as I start a new place this evening.. (at least this time I have a backup plan)
    As a means of payment for my last checks I did get to go "shopping" scored a gallon of olive oil pomace and some molds, everything else went in the freezer for dinner,
    So now im off to see how this next chapter will write itself. Needing some good karma
  1.   0 points
    Good luck on the next chapter of your life. See it as an adventure Cgawlik77. Making soap when you can is also pretty awesome. Welcome, to the Forum. I hope you will like being here. The group of people here are pretty awesome. Diana
  2.   0 points
    Good luck on your new adventure, and squeeze that soap in when you can. It is good therapy.
    • CommentAuthorPete
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2014
      0 points
    Can you use food coloring in soap making ?
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2014 edited
      0 points
    from what I gather from a quick google search

you can't for cold process, because it's oil based and food coloring is water based

you could for melt and pour but it is discouraged and will fade and potentially stain clothing and maybe skin
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2014
      0 points
    Pete,

Food coloring can be used, but some food colors do morph. Expect your blues to turn purple or brown. Your reds to turn orange. The only one that might be true is going to be yellow. The water soluble dyes we offer in the catalog are the same colors that are used in foods. We just sell a concentrated powder form rather than a diluted liquid form.
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
      0 points
    I'M SO SORRY andee!!! I tried to add a point for your last comment but my phone registered it as taking away a point. I liked your comment and the clarification of the use of colorings! can I un-vote?
    • CommentAuthorrocky
      0 points
    @eor1122 I took care of your slip up. Bill
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
      0 points
    THANK YOU Bill!!! @rocky