Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2014
      0 points
    Has anyone utilized a dehumidifier in their CP soap curing? Does anyone think this would be good or a bad idea?
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      0 points
    I have a dehumidifier set up in the room that I cure my soap in. It definitely does make a difference in our humid climate. I usually make most of my soap during late summer and fall, and the thing to keep in mind is that the dehumidifier will heat up the room some, so it doesn't go into action until the weather cools down just a tad. It is, of course, no replacement for ensuring that there is proper air flow between your bars.
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
      0 points
    thanks! I'm going to make stacking drying racks soon (my old ones were broken).......we're remodeling 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms right now-so my soap making is on the back burner :(
  1.   0 points
    I am currently using a bakers rack to cure my soap. How do you store it after it cures?
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2014
      0 points
    Planning on drill big holes in plastic shoe boxes.
    I learned it stays/gets softer when in say a ziploc.
  2.   0 points
    I noticed that with a sample that I put in a snack bag to take to someone. It was in there about a week and seemed to be rubbing off on the bag.
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
      0 points
    Same thing with me. She said she loved the soap but said it was too soft. I let her know it was a batch I did the day before and that they get harder as time goes by. I do HP soap.
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
      0 points
    Was just thinking I have a couple dogs and an old dusty house. Do you think placing cheesecloth over the soap might be a good idea? Like drape over the racks not directly on soap. I haven't had a problem yet but we just put our heat on and I'm afraid they might get stuff coming out of the vents.
  3.   0 points
    We heat with wood and have the same issue. I was wondering if it will hurt my soap if it freezes. It is currently on an enclosed porch.