Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorHannahobs
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014
      1 point
    Im not sure where this discussion belongs right now. but I am thinking about doing some spa type products. right now i only do cp soap. so i know of a few things i could do with that like: aloe, avocado, salt bars. other ideas? different infusions or additives?
    I'd also like to add another product. Like maybe bath bombs? Ive never tried those so I would have to research that.
    I'm not sure about lotions because I have heard mixed reviews with the results; and i don't want to buy a base because of the added chemicals in the base and I would have to list them on the ingredients.

So, can I get your suggestions on what type of spa cp soaps would be good. what type of other things I could make to go along with them.

the goal is to create a spa line and make enough products (just 2 or 3) to put into large goodie bags.
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2014
      1 point
    I would consider a complimentary spa set that is easy to make to include soap, lip balm and a salt or sugar scrub.

Lip balms are super easy to make and don't need lots of extra ingredients.
    http://blog.thesage.com/2012/11/02/starting-with-an-empty-cupboard-ingredients-for-lip-balms-glosses/

Lotions are also easy to make, but they do require more complex formulas and their own set of ingredients that don't often cross over to the soap side of the table.
    http://blog.thesage.com/2012/10/31/starting-with-an-empty-cupboard-ingredients-for-lotions-creams/

If you have questions about any of these, I'm happy to help!
  1.   0 points
    Hi, I am TRYING to start a NEW THREAD, but, I come here, and I can ONLY comment to OTHER peoples Threads, like I am doing here,, but, if I want to start my OWN thread, thier is NO link to click or no box to fill in that says start your own thread...does anyone know why? Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2014
      0 points
    On my screen in the upper left is a link saying "start a discussion" did you just sign up? I'm not sure if there isba waiting period before you can start a discussion. Hopefully and we will see you post and be able to help you. Good luck.
    • CommentAuthorHannahobs
      0 points
    Thanks for the info Andee. I looked around online and the kits at The Sage are very reasonable so I might start there. Btw, I KNOW I entered this comment yesterday, but it didn't show up??!?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
      1 point
    ArtisanShelly,
    You are now a full member. We get many registrations that never post until made full members and then it is just spam. We've made it so that if one registers, one needs to post in an existing topic before the status can be changed.

Hannahobs,
    I'm not sure why. Let me check.