Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMaryT8M
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2014
      0 points
    I'm still having problems posting pictures but IF this doesn't show up please copy and paste the link.

http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/MaryT8M/media/2014-07-18090551.jpg.html?o=0

What is the correct term for over insulating your soap and having this 'drip' affect in your soap......IF I remember correctly it's a GLYCERINE (something)
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      2 points
    I saw someone call it glycerin rivers once. I was reading about it on the Soapers Retreat Facebook group. Apparently soapers are trying not to get them.

Me, I love them! Anything that leaves just a little wild card to nature and let the soap do what it does is quite welcome in my soap kitchen. It adds texture and rustic charm to the finished product and does not harm the soap one bit.

The way I see it, if you want visually perfect, go get your soap at Walmart.
    • CommentAuthorMaryT8M
      0 points
    Thanks Chrima......yes I think that must be it. I agree that it's probably NOT a desired affect, by many......these are a former students soaps and she was afraid that they were 'lye heavy' or something really bad. I assured her it was from over insulating. I've had them show up in some soaps, and my customer was actually THRILLED with the look, but being in Florida (during the summer especially) I don't wrap/insulate soaps up like I used to when living in other parts of the country. Another soaper told me she calls it a Glycerine WATERFALL. It's nice to know how to control these things.

I LOVE a rustic handmade look as well

Thanks again
  1.   0 points
    Glycerine rivers can also be avoided by taking a water discount. Research shows that Titanium Dioxide plus full water and heat can cause the rivers. I know some soapers that will make glycerine rivers on purpose. To add to the artistic design of the soap.