Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2014 edited
      6 points
    A while back, I switched to hot process soap because the six week curing period in our humid climate is a pain and I wanted a way to get soap ready faster. It took me a while to really get the process down and one of the things I was bummed that you couldn't do beautiful swirls.

So over the past year, I have been playing with imbeds. Recently, I picked up some fun shaped ice cube trays from Ikea that were really inexpensive to experiment with. So now, from every batch of soap I make, before I scent it, I take some out, color it if I feel like it, and put some aside to make some fun shapes to be used later. Or I use the scrapings from my soap pot and mold to roll into balls, or I chunk up bars that aren't as pretty, and I save them all.

Been playing with a few of those and this is my nicest one so far, I had to share:

I am also learning the swirling process for hot process. It's a bit different because you're dealing with such a gooey gloppy consistency, but it can be done and the results are really cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2014
      0 points
    Thanks for your post & pictures! It really gives me hope. I switched to HP because I got tired of waiting for CP soap to cure. But as you said it is much harder to make HP soap as pretty as CP or M&P. Don't get me wrong I love the charm of HP soap, but not everyone gets it. I've been looking for ways to make my bars harder and smoother, but this post lets me know that I can work on making them more pretty too.