Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2014
      1 point
    First time used mineral oil as a release and it wound up mostly collecting in the bottom. Couldn't get cap off.....(did finally but much trouble.

Second time vasoline like crazy....cap still having trouble getting off.

Third time put an eyebolt in cap and slightly easier but still a pain to remove.

Also trying to figure out a good plunger to push soap out through all this.

Last night after decorating a cake I thought maybe the cap to the frosting could be a cover for a plunger.....nope!!!! It fits perfectly over end of 3" PVC pipe. I figure I'll tape in place just in case but I think it will be much easier to remove.

I'll keep you posted!
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2014 edited
      2 points
    it worked pretty good! a little seepage when I did some tapping to get the air bubbles out. but compared to the amount that I'd "lose" from using end caps. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthordeadspace
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2014
      1 point
    you maY POST THE PICTURES WOUL IT BE OK?
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2014 edited
      2 points
     photo 55c52540-1ee7-4b93-ab74-9bb079fce10e.jpg

this is one of the soaps I made in the PVC pipe. It's Mocha Latte & made with coffee & milk :)
  1.   1 point
    You can find rubber cap with metal ring that you tighten with a nut driver or flat screw drive to go over the 3" and 2" pvc or abs pipe. You may have to go to a commercial type plumbing supplier to find them though. I have been using abs pipe for many years and they work great. The 2" pipe with the rubber stopper work great to push the soap out of the 3" pipe. Using a little mineral oil worked ok for me, but if you can find freezer or butcher paper it is the best.

Good luck,

Julie
    • CommentAuthorSunflower2
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2014
      1 point
    I used 4" pvc pipe in the past and a Pringles can made a nice pusher. Vaseline is what I used to prevent sticking, but there is a trick to get the soap to release. The cap I used was some type of test plug (thin plastic) and I just taped it on the bottom of the tube.
  2.   0 points
    eor1122 YOUR Soap looks yummy!!! made with Coffee and Milk!!! wow, it looks grand and I bet it smells yummy, wow, good job indeed!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2014
      1 point
    If you like coffee I suppose it smells good. I myself prefer tea! Coffee makes me nauseous.....LOL
  3.   1 point
    3" PVC makes great molds. However, when I use them I use a liner (plastic newspaper bags work well). I use an aluminum baseball bat to push the soap out. When the soap doesn't want to come out, I put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes in the freezer, the soap slips right out of the PVC mold (like magic).
  4.   0 points
    I use 3" ABS pipe a lot, especially for my loofas. They are cut into 11 3/4" lengths
    I use 12" x 12" parchment sheets as a liner.
    I get a box of 1000 from a local pizza place. Using parchment if you buy it retail from a grocer is ridiculous cost.
    I cut the sheet into 4" squares to cover the bottom, slip the cap over the parchment, then tape along the edge of the cap with black electricians tape, then a ring of duct tape.
    This usually seals the 'bottom' of the mold nicely.
    Then I just roll up the 12" x 12" sheet and slip it into the pipe.
    When I pour the soap it pushes the paper all the way to the sides.
    I usually don't unmold for 48 hours or so.
    After removing the cap 1st, it usually slips right out. (I've also used a 15 oz can of vegetables as a pusher to give some rolls a start when they've leaked a bit and are stuck at the bottom)
    2 - 12" pipe are about 4 pounds of soap.