Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.   0 points
    I found a bottle of NEEM OIL at a funky store...lol...one of those places that is a mis match of everything. But it had BODY TO IT, meaning, whatever NEEM is made off, it had it floating all in it. Kinda like if you buy a bottle of Sesame Seed Oil and it still has bunch of the Seeds in it, not allot, but enough that is their I guess for EYE CANDY or maybe its their on purpose. either way, can I still use the NEEM OIL even tho it has Body to it? I have NEVER used Neem oil for anything, and dong even know how it would react in a Cold Process Soap. But, saying that, I DO like challenges. I just don't know if their is a difference between CLEAR neem oil and unclear neem oil. Thanks a bunch
    • CommentAuthorSunflower2
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2014
      0 points
    From what I have read, neem is much like olive oil because it is pressed from the kernels. If you warm the oil, it should turn clear and can be mixed and used. Soaps with Neem oil are becoming popular, but it does have a strong odor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2014
      0 points
    Oh gosh, does it ever have a strong odor! First time I ordered neem oil and opened the bottle, I had to think of rotten onions. The smell turned me off so much that I gave the oil away and haven't used any ever.
    • CommentAuthorHannahobs
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2014 edited
      0 points
    Neem should smell nutty, not like what you have. That might be bad, good to get rid of it, but hopefully the new owner won't use it!
    I have used neem in soaps, it's good for skin irritations. Mine smells nutty and it dark brown. But I would buy it from a reputable soap oil store.
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2014
      0 points
    Sounds like your Neem is cold. The stearines in Neem are finicky and will solidify easily. This causes clear portions and chunky solid portions. Place the bottle in a warm water bath and it will melt the stearines. Depending on the crops (and your nose), Neem can be stinky or not. I would say this Neem can be used.
  2.   0 points
    Hey ALL thank you for the NEEM HELP!!! I will be going back to Fargo North Dakota next month sometime and will be going to get some of that Neem Oil...I dont think its a reputable soap oil store, so to speak, lots of Odd items, that is what I like about this store...I think it wont hurt to buy one bottle of it and give it a try...I will warm it first. I will post back next month on the thread and reply on how it smells and if it makes good soap...I SURE HOPE SO :-)
  3.   0 points
    I love Neem oil, such a great oil for trouble skin. Yes, just the stearines solidifying. My soap room is cooler in the winter months, and even my Neem from the Sage needs warmed. I do think Neem is stinky, like teenage boy feet, in soap it mellows to a nice earthy scent.
    • CommentAuthorCece
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2014
      0 points
    Thanks for the comment Crystal - now I want to try some Neem in a soap recipe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2014
      0 points
    So I wasn't totally off. My teenage son's stinky feet do smell a bit like rotten onions.
  4.   0 points
    OH WOW...ya, I sure am looking forward to getting some of this Neem Oil now...I will remark back AFTER I use it...and how it works for me...etc