Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2014
      1 point
    This may sound silly does any one still make soap on a rope? I remember it from back in the 70s and seeing all over back then but always kinda thought it was a gag gift type thing.

I've had several different people suggest it, and if they weren't completely not connected in anyway I'd think it was a joke.

any thoughts??
  1.   1 point
    I got the suggestion the other day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2014
      1 point
    I've made them once a while back, one batch of them, and they did sell. I just never thought of it again, good idea!
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2014
      1 point
    looks like we have a winner!

chrima what type of rope did you use?
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      1 point
    I cut up some cotton laundry line.
    •  
      CommentAuthoreor1122
      1 point
    ok thanks!
    • CommentAuthorEco
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2014
      1 point
    I sell Soap on a Rope all the time.

I buy the cord from BB.

I also sell Fish on a Rope for kids! I use para-cord.
  2.   0 points
    I just had somebody say to me that they WANT soap on a rope.....lol, tis true!!! People STILL like that :-)
  3.   0 points
    It was also suggested to me to make soap on a rope. I had some soap that destined for rebatch so I thought I would give it a go. One word of advice dont take them too big..My first batch was around 220gr which were too big, potentially leathal and provided much ammusement for customers. I must admit I was having a bit of a giggle to myself as I was making them.

DSG..
  4.   0 points
    DSG...I just bought some cord to use for my soap on a rope. My friend really wants me to make it, so ...I will start soon. I saw an OWL soap on a rope soap, in the store, and yes, it was HUGE and bulky. I want mine to be big enough to use, but small enough that its not like a boulder. This will be FUN..I will try and post some pictures when I make it. The rebatch idea sounds good. I thought of making mine a Shaving Soap along with a body soap....this way one soap instead of taking in a bunch of items to shave and shower. I might even make it able to wash hair....I need to play around with this idea before it firms up in my head me thinks :-)
  5.   0 points
    DSG...I just bought some cord to use for my soap on a rope. My friend really wants me to make it, so ...I will start soon. I saw an OWL soap on a rope soap, in the store, and yes, it was HUGE and bulky. I want mine to be big enough to use, but small enough that its not like a boulder. This will be FUN..I will try and post some pictures when I make it. The rebatch idea sounds good. I thought of making mine a Shaving Soap along with a body soap....this way one soap instead of taking in a bunch of items to shave and shower. I might even make it able to wash hair....I need to play around with this idea before it firms up in my head me thinks :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2015
      2 points
    By the way, soap on a rope is really cool for camping. The string makes it very convenient to hang up and dry. If you scent it with things like cedarwood and lemongrass for example, then it does double duty in keeping mosquitoes away.

Another cool use for soap on a rope is for a hand-washing laundry bar. You could attach the rope somewhere outside the wash tub so in case the soap slips out of your hand, you can catch it and keep going.

Great gift for college dorm residents that have a shared bathroom in the hallway. Soap on a rope can be worn around the neck on the way to the shower.

Just a few ideas to market the concept . . .
  6.   1 point
    I am sure my fellow soaper will not mind me sharing, but she makes a fish mold on soap on a rope. Very cute idea...like a fish on a line!!
  7.   0 points
    I love that idea dbloomingdale, I have been looking for a good fish mold, not too big, not too small. I bought me some rope already this week too. Getting ready to make soap on a rope soon