Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorRaquel
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
      3 points
    I finally got around to making some soap that I could dry in the dehydrator. What usually takes 4-6 weeks took me 3-4 hours on 95 degrees. Turned out great with no problems. Just thought I would pass this bit of info along.

Raquel
    • CommentAuthorcatherine
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009
      0 points
    Good to know.

Thanks,
    Catherine
  1.   0 points
    Brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Cee
    • CommentAuthorLaurie R
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009
      0 points
    Hello Raquel,

That is great to know. Are you using just a regular food dehydrator that you buy in the store (like seen on tv) or a specific type? And does your dehydrator have a temp. guage?
    Thanks,
    Laurie
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
      0 points
    Be careful. Some dehydrators don't have good thermostats and they can melt the soap. That is a terrible mess to clean up if your dehydrator gets too warm.

If it can stay at 95 degrees, then a few hours will help shave some time from your curing. Do be forewarned though, inside moisture won't be fully stable and you should still expect some shrinkage after the dehydrator.

There is nothing like a dry, warm room for curing soap.
    • CommentAuthorLaurie R
      0 points
    HAHAHAH~~~ thanks! Methinks I'll stick to the old fashioned way. Think I'll try the dehydrator with some bars that arent favorites, to experiment. It sure is fun experimenting on things though! Thanks!

Laurie
    •  
      CommentAuthorJill-D
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2013
      3 points
    I see this is quite an old post, but I'm looking for info on this. Has anyone else tried this? I just finished putting 4 bars in my dehydrator, to try this out. Mine goes down to 95 degrees, so I've got it set at that. I also had to put some spacers between the 2 racks I'm using, as a couple of my bars are thicker than the normal spacing of the racks. I wrote down weights of all 4 bars before I started, will check them each hour and note the weight.