Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorblyeager
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015
      3 points
    Back in October, I had someone approach me to document our every day activities in our kitchen for a YouTube video. I wasn't sure where he was going with the video but agreed ... thought it would be fun to see what he came up with. He did an awesome job! Kinda forgot about it until now. Thought you all would like to see what goes on in our kitchen.

I got caught up in the moment and did not put on my safety goggles for the batch that I was making ... so, yes, shame on me!!! For that reason, this may not be the best example on YouTube. I don't normally wear gloves because I have caused more harm by transferring lye around the kitchen that I did not know was on my gloves. I would rather know it is on my hands and wash it off (unless I am mixing lye ... always gloves). That is a personal preference of mine. I am the primary soapmaker, still. Safety, is always on my mind. But, the goggles were an oopsie, especially since this was going on the net. But, if you can get past that, this might give you an idea of what goes on in our store/kitchen.

•  
      CommentAuthorApril
      0 points
    Becky. Stunning, just wow, brilliant. Now I Really want to come visit! So beautiful, inspiring, omg I'm going to cry. You're shop and kitchen is mesmerizing. And you're beautiful <3.

I can't even begin to. I'm such a newb. In complete and utter awe.

Thank you for sharing this work of art.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      1 point
    I am drooling over your shop!
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      0 points
    April and Chrima, would love to have you spend the day at the shop. My goal is to maintain environment and I work with my staff to keep that in mind as we get into busier seasons. They are awesome, reallly awesome. My longest term employee started with me when she was 11. I had my two daughters who would go to Farmer's Markets with me but she also had an interest. So, I would pick her up on my way out in the wee hours of a Sat morning. She would help my girls sell fresh-cut flowers and then work at my table. She's almost 21 now (the one beveling the soap). Can't keep her much longer as her dreams develop but so happy to have grown up with her!

Oh, I just don't see any of you as newbies. Back in my day, we didn't have YouTube or as many resources as you have now. So, I am not used to the quick progression where you can learn to make soap or adapt to the techniques. You all are amazing and, I think, artists first. Back in my day, everyone just wanted to make a quick buck and saw this as a way. I am in utter AWE of all of YOU!
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      0 points
    Oh good grief, now I am crying. Beautiful. <3
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      0 points
    Oh, I am not a newbie, Becky. I have been making soap - and on the MMS forum - since 1998.
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      0 points
    Longer than me, Chrima! So glad to be amongst you and learn more about your journey and experiences. Always looking to learn and share. We likely crossed paths somewhere in the past, don't you think?
  1.   0 points
    Gah!!! I can't see the video at work, will check it out when I get home. I bet Becky's shop is dreamy!!
    • CommentAuthorHannahobs
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015
      0 points
    OMG! I am speechless. Beautiful soap. Amazing shop.
    So wonderful!
    WOW!!!
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015
      0 points
    Thanks, Hannahobs! We sure have fun!
  2.   1 point
    Whoever took that Video is a real master of the moving picture!! I felt as if I were watching a REAL mini movie!! I have to say, it was so breathtaking to see that big o bowl of peeler scraps from all of your soaps. I enjoyed the music, the colors and the Real Honest Pleasure that all of you seemed to have while working in your shop!! What a way to start my Day. THANK YOU FOR THAT BECKY!!!
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2015
      0 points
    Thanks, Shelly! The guy that took the video is a professional YouTuber. He just happened to stumble into the kitchen one day and asked if he could come back and take the video. It was a lot of fun. We just kept busy with our day-to-day activities and he created something masterful!
  3.   0 points
    Hi Becky, Yes, I just now posted a HOWDY on the video at You-tube....YEA!! I did say Hi to your Video Man too. what a great job!! It is so nice to see you in Action Becky, I feel like this video helps us all understand Your life just a bit more :-)
    • CommentAuthorMaryT8M
      0 points
    WOW.....just WOW! where are you located? your 'kitchen' is lovely
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      0 points
    Shelly, thanks for thanking the Video Man! I am sure he will appreciate that. Thanks, Mary. I am in Logan, Utah. That's in the northeastern part of the state near the Idaho border. If you are ever in the area, please stop by and visit!
    • CommentAuthorSuzhartman
      0 points
    Becky, thanks for sharing your YouTube. I've been out most of the day with and EO event and will view it this evening. Off to make some sugar scrub for a neighbor.
      0 points
    Becky, I just viewed the video and am in awe. I can imagine being there experiencing the daily operation of the shop and your incredible staff. The Videographer truly put together an inspiring vision of how a soap lover's shop should be.

You are inspiring and I aspire to have the gifts you display in this snapshot of soapmaking. Blow your horn, girl! No one else will blow it for you.
    • CommentAuthorAnniesmask
      0 points
    Gorgeous, the soap, the shop, and the cinematography.
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2015
      0 points
    Aw, thank you both, Suz and Annie! Suz, I do have a great staff. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to help me run my business!
    • CommentAuthorMachins
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2015
      0 points
    Video is amazing. I've also been following the night cream thread. Going to have to try it. I am newbie in the soap world but have had so much fun experimenting. I want to try it all!!!!
    What's the name of your store in Logan. I live in the Ogden area and would love to stop in next time I pick up a will call order at MMS.
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015
      0 points
    Machins,
    I'm also new to the soap making world and am having a blast. Welcome!

I believe the name of Becky's shop is Spirit Goat. The website address is spirit goat.com. A great site to visit.
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015
      0 points
    Oh, I am so excited to meet local soapmakers! Machins, please do stop by to visit when you are in Logan next. Once you catch the bug, it is hard to stop exploring. Yes, The Spirit Goat is my store and, as Suz said, www.spiritgoat.com is the website. We are in downtown Logan so you can stop at MMS on your way in, meander down Main Street, stop at The Spirit Goat, and have some lunch at the Beehive Grill (or other great local eatery) on your way out.