Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorblyeager
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015
      2 points
    Wow! I have gone through a multitude of stick blenders in my time. Bought the major expensive ones from the kitchen store (from Sweden?) with higher power as I was upsizing batches. Nah. Longevity was about the same and I really didn't need the power afterall. If I need power, I will use a squirrel blender (paint stirrer attached to drill). I decided Walmart was my best bet and to just keep replacing them as they break. I have had rubber gaskets wear out, plastic pieces break, etc. I haven't had a motor burn out, knock on wood. But, I am tired of buying stick blenders. I have a stick blender graveyard. (Anyone need parts? Maybe we can hook up motor ends to blending ends?).

I have finally found one that I really love and seems durable. It is a Cuisinart CSB-75, 200 Watt motor. Just bought another in LIME GREEN as I was trying to figure out the model number. It seems more durable and does not kick as much air into your batches as other blenders.

Anyone else have a favorite to share?
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015 edited
      0 points
    Not a favorite, I've only the one. Kitchen Aid, with 9 levels of power?, and only recently discovered separates with the touch of a button. I think I will plan to find the one you suggest so I'm prepared just in case!

Oh, and in soap have never used more than level 2....
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      2 points
    I find that if I need more than a level 2, I am way over my head!
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      0 points
    Good good! Shew....
    • CommentAuthorSuzhartman
      0 points
    I started out making soap with different makers, but both inexpensive. A GTC for $10 and the other a Brentwood for $15 both new. The Brentwood started loosing the plastic piece holding the blender shaft in place broke early on. I'm now using the GTC, we'll see how long it lasts.

Overall, I wouldn't use a stick blender for anything but soap making and now lotion making thanks to Becky and her help with putting together a recipe foe me.

I think I am going to search for a stick blender with a stainless steel shaft and blades. This seems to make sense to me. In any case, I wouldn't recommend the Brentwood brand or any brand with a plastic covering over the shaft and blade.

I, too, am going to check out the Cuisinart brand, process spending more than I probably would, and buy a backup.
  1.   0 points
    Thanks for starting this discussion. I like to know what other people uses as stick blender and why.
    I am using a Oster brand right now. It has a metal shaft, which is great, but turns way to fast even at the lowest setting. It tends to incorporate lots of bubbles or even splash when the batter is not high enough.
    I have seen a many soaper using the Kitchen Aid one on video, but it is good to know the Cuisinar is a good one too.

Julie ^_^
  2.   0 points
    I have a cheap Kitchenaid plastic stick blender. It gets the job done but now I am finding that it is starting to heat up a lot faster than when I first bought it. It still works, so I will keep using it. ;-)
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2015
      0 points
    Julie, I have used many Oster's and have had the same problem with the bubbles. And then the plastic parts eventually break. I really, really love the Cuisinart both for it's metal parts and performance. It is a bit pricier but definitely worth the price. I have not tired the kitchenaid blender so can't comment on that one. Maybe someone else has it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2015
      0 points
    I use lots of the Cuisinart ones here at work. Generally we have to buy new bells before the motors go!

I have Braun at home that I'm babying. I'm not looking forward to the day that it goes. It is one blender that I miss being able to get.

I also have no experience with the KitchenAid, so I can't chime in there. :(
    • CommentAuthorSuzhartman
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2015
      0 points
    I replaced my departed Brentwood with a Kitchenaid with a stainless steel shaft and cover. It came with a few attachments as well. I'm in love! I found it at Costco for reasonable price.

The motor is heavier and I like the feel in my hand. It has three speeds of which I use the lowest. It's a great stick blender. To let the air bubbles out from underneath the blade, I tilt the blender a little and give it a couple good bounces on the bottom of the soap pot. That takes out any air and I've had few issues with incorporating air bubbles.

I do hope it lasts for a long time and am hopeful. I would buy another just for the craftsmanship quality.
  3.   1 point
    I love Kitchen Aid Mixers!! Thats all I have been using both Profesinoally as a Chef and for Home Use!! I love all the attachments I can put on a Kitchen Aid mixer.
  4.   1 point
    Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I bought my "Cuisinart Hand Blender" from Amazon and it was worth it. It has 2 speeds and a Stainless Steel Shaft and I paid under $40.00 for it and I got free shipping too. I also got an infrared thermometer for under $12 and free shipping. (I got the blue one because my hubby likes that color)and I had my husband drill 2 holes on the top to prevent air getting trapped under the dome. We saw this in a YouTube video. I have one plastic hand blend and the Cuisinart and I have the traditional thermometer and now the infrared thermometer as well. I found it's easier to use than the traditional one but I kept both of each. I hope this information helps anyone considering in buying a stick blender. I did research on these items as well.
    • CommentAuthorebideb
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2015
      1 point
    I am using a Waring Commercial stick blender. I don't know it's longevity yet as I just switched from a drill to stick blender. I chose this one after reading about them breaking/burning out, etc. I think a lot of people think "power" when what may be more important is durability and quality. This one is only a 100 watts I think, but built for restaurants. Fount it on Amazon for around 75$ I think? Far better than replacing 35$ ones repeatedly (hopefully!) Also remember these aren't meant to be turned on and run non-stop for 5 minutes. Better to run for a bit, give the motor a sec to cool down, then go again.
    • CommentAuthorBella
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2015
      0 points
    I found a used homogenizer/stirrer on eBay. I was tired of the inefficiency and replacement of stick blenders and KA's or KA knockoffs. I had to spend a good bit of time researching and learning about the equipment, especially buying used. Never knew I would become somewhat knowledgeable about torque and chuck capacity! Glad I did it.