Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015
      0 points
    Got some to try as one of the swap goodies and am curious as to whether they could be used for things other than lip stuff.

The thing I have in mind is a sting-ease pen for insect bites with the summer season coming up, as gifts for my outdoor friends. Basically what I need to know, how thin or thick does the liquid inside have to be for it to work?
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      0 points
    I am not sure what a Doe Foot looks like. Is it a brush tip or a spongy tip? Either way, I bet you are fine with a thicker liquid. We use a foam end for lip gloss with the oil being the consistency of castor. And a brush for cuticle oil .. all oil base.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      0 points
    Thanks, Becky. The doe foot tips look like little sponge tips.
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      0 points
    Ok. Got it! Went and looked at their selection and see what you have. Should be ok with any oil base that is liquid at room temp. Like I said, we have a want-type for lip gloss and don't have any trouble with it seeping into the foamy part. I would think it would work well for your sting-ease pen. Great idea, btw!
  1.   0 points
    Yes, I got that too Christine, good idea indeed!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015 edited
      2 points
    The sting-pens are done! I used the tamanu oil from our swap goodies, some spray clear emulsifier, glycerine, essential oils and optiphen. That gives a perfectly viscous liquid that doesn't go on greasy And the tamanu oil gives it a beautiful natural green tint!

Thanks soooooo much MMS for the goodies we get in the swap. It allows us to venture out and experiment with things that we would have never considered before!

This will not be a product that i will ever produce in quantity or for sale. I avoid plastic packaging at any cost and if that's what a product needs, I won't make it, generally. But it was a lot of fun playing with the freebies.

Sting Relief Pens photo image.jpg1_zpsiufkdrsw.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015 edited
      0 points
    I am never having much luck with photobucket - trying to see what's wrong with the picture not showing . . . . . . Never mind, figured it out, it works now.
    • CommentAuthorTaylor
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2015
      0 points
    Looks good!

I have found that these pens can handle a range of thick or thin products. It doesn't do well with products that are like water or cyclomethicone. It tends to leak a little. Especially if you store it in a warm area pointing down. I have put rather thick jelly types products in these as well.

Though I have not tried anything thick like cream cheese frosting, I think these pens can handle that type of viscosity. The only problem is getting the product into the tubes. ;-)

I will have to test that. Hmn. I'll get back with everyone with my findings.
  2.   0 points
    Christine, your pens are great, what do you use to make your pens a sting ease pen? I got the same oil that you did, I now that oil is fantastic for severe skin problems. I never thought about it giving relief to Bug Bites tho...do you use another product to take the sting away, or is it coming from the tamanu oil itself? I have never used tamanu oil before this swap, so am very new to this oil. I may or may not be back for an answer due to an emergency I have to take care of. But I would LOVE to know why you chose tamanu oil as the oil to aid in the bites, unless you do use something else and I just missed it. Thanks so Much!!
  3.   0 points
    Tamanu Oil may be used to help: -
    • get rid of acne fast
    • acne scarring
    • burns & blisters
    • psoriasis
    • diabetic sores
    • sunburn
    • dry or scaly skin
    • eczema
    • athletes foot
    • the relief of neuralgia, sciatica & rheumatism
    • foot odor and body odor
    • unsightly age spots
    • insect bites
    AND MORE!!!

I found it...I see it helps INSECT BITES...wow, that is so cool. Sorry Christine, I decided I better do a search quick cause I will not be around for a few days or online at all, and I really wanted to understand this oil. I did some research and found this oil does SO MUCH...This oil might end up being my new favorite. Thanks Christine anyway, and at the least for posting your wonderful idea for the STING EASE Pens. We get lots of skitters around here in North Dakota!!

ok then, Yall have a GREAT NIGHT,
    Shelly
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2015
      0 points
    Shelly: I wanted a thick liquidy consistency, almost like a gel, but I did not want it greasy. So I used glycerin as the base and emulsified the tamanu and some essential oils into it with the spray clear emulsifier from the last swap. And yes, I used a preservative, just in case.
  4.   0 points
    Taylor, I was wondering if you found out yet about how to get the product into the pens an easy way yet. I know you talked about this above, so I was just wondering if you had any new findings yet.

Thanks Christine for that info by the way....I am about to try using mine as a Cuticle Rub...If I do make that, or WHATEVER I make with the pens, I will post about it here. I find these pens really interesting. But I was just waiting for the right thing and I like the idea of using them as a cuticle rub. Using a variety of oils to make a nice cuticle rub for dry cuticles. I have something in mind its just getting it from an idea, to something I actually will do. I appreciate getting these pens to play with. Fun Fun