Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSimona
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2015
      0 points
    After a very long absence, I am back on this forum :) I've grown so much since I stopped posting maybe 2 or 3 years ago - I started work and suddenly being a mom, working 9 hours per day + 2 hours commuting had a huge impact on my spare time :)

I seem to be able now to find some windows in my already full schedule, so ... here I am saying hi to everyone!

Simona

====
    Mostly lotion maker, Rarely soap maker
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      0 points
    Hi Simona! Welcome back!
  1.   0 points
    Welcome back!!!
    • CommentAuthorCece
      0 points
    Nice to have you back!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSimona
      0 points
    so, dear Ladies, what have you all been cooking while I was gone? Is business flourishing? anyone having a new child or a new pet ? :-)

I've put aside soap and switched to all lotion related thingies. All besides SPF of course. Just to share with you what i've done today, after a month of not doing anything (flu season with kids)

... that is if I could remember how to add a picture!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSimona
      0 points

so, this is a very nice 10% vitamin C treatment. Sinks in lovely after a minute or 2, it's light and I just love it :). This is one of the "simple" recipes I am struggling to make these days... I am at that point where I am saying: "no, I can't just NOT add this and that and this goes with that and .... " you get my point :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      0 points
    Oooh, This looks all scientific! I'm new here. What a fun place to come and learn from some gifted experts! Now I'm going to go research each and every ingredient on your fab list! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSimona
      2 points
    ha, thanks April!

many ingredients can be found online, it just takes time to learn about them. Like those 3 years of absence on this forum :)))

let me know if you have questions about what the ingredients do in there :)
  2.   0 points
    Simona,

I definitely want to pick your brain about lotions!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSimona
      0 points
    just ask, Monica, maybe I can help :)
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      0 points
    Simona, nice to meet you! Those life changes can be blessings! Depending on the circumstances and, it seems, your's was a great one! I am a newbie to the forum so it feels weird to say "Welcome back!" But, then it also feels right. Welcome back! Looking forward to the exchange of ideas, inspiration, and motivation!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSimona
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2015
      0 points
    true, life changes are a blessing. we never get bored or self sufficient! nice to meet you, and looking forward to see more activity on the lotions & creams topic :)
  3.   1 point
    Hi Simona.....so nice to meet you....You make lots of Lotions, well now...sounds just lovely!! I love soaps, but yes, lotions are its own simple luxury that makes my skin feel so good...Yes....good for you. I am glad you are back and it will but fun to talk about Lotions with you and enjoy your company ....welcome :-)
  4.   0 points
    Welcome Simona!
    I too have been away from the forum. This past year was a busy one with my son's heading to their first year of high school and my family losing 2 family members this year both to cancer.
    It all start last May for my father-in-law and he's cancer. A brain tumor, then it returned this past February to March of 2015. Then the very next day I got a call from my father saying he's older brother was also in hospice for lung cancer. He joined my father-in-law in April one day shy of my father-in-law's one month's being in heaven. So yesterday I got a bee in my bonnet and sent my husband to the hardware store to pick me up some lye and I'm dying to make soap again. My mother-in-law taught me for the last 16 years. I finally started making my own soaps about 4 years ago and haven't looked back. I made lotion also and fell in love with lotion making but I put that aside as well. You've giving me some inspiration to make lotion again as well. When I get a chance I'll post pictures of my soaps and maybe get in a lotion for two.
    Simona,
    Happy Mother's Day as well too.
  5.   0 points
    Hi Tigerlilies40....you and I were talking over at about.com....so nice to see you here. yes, I love this place too. I am not here as much now due to some medical issues, but I pop in from time to time. so good to see you
  6.   0 points
    ArtisanShelly, You've been very helpful to me. I'm glad I am back here too. Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Can I pray for you and your family. I hope all goes well. And again thank you for popping in here from time to time. I swear you need to write a book about all your experience over the years. That way it can help anyone out there in the forum.
  7.   0 points
    Oh PLEASE Do pray for me Tigerlilies!!! Jesus is my Lord and My Savior and I put my Trust in Him!! I am always open to having somebody pray for me if they want to do so.

I have,,,,well am writing a book....ha ha...it is a Caramel Recipe Book that features over a Hundred Recipes on Original Caramels that I have created and Sold in my Shop. I want to leave something special for my Children and my Grandchildren. If it makes money, that's great, but if it give my kids and grandchildren hours of Fun...and puts smiles on their faces, then so be it. I love making kids happy!! Plus, I figured since I have made a lot of money selling my candy, maybe one day my kids, or my grand-kids can make a lot of money with my recipes doing the same thing. I am a Chef more than any other thing I have done in my life, So, earning money in the field that I am the best in, was and has always been the way to go for me. I want to pass on my love of Working in the Kitchen to my love ones, and in the mean time maybe make some money with the book sales. When I have mentioned this to my customers, they say Great, write the book, but we want your CANDY, not the Book....lol ...I guess that is why ppl like me can sell candy, cause MANY ppl do not cook anymore in the Kitchen, like they used to cook. I used to be a Cooking Teacher too, I sure had fun teaching ppl how to cook. But ya, now that I am paralyzed on my left leg, it has changed my life SO MUCH!!

You would not think that I would still make candy, but with my darling husbands help, I do. Oh, I do not cook anymore, I do not mean to say it like that, but what I mean to say is that my husband is my hands, my feet, my work load, BOTH in cooking, and in soap making. Anything that can be done sitting in a chair, or my wheel chair, I try to do those things, but anything that is dangerous, like mixing the LYE up, or standing at the stove stirring up the Caramel, my Husband does that. He has been my BEST Student....lol, he is an amazing husband, shucks, I could write a book alone based on how HE takes care of me. I am so bad off that if he did not leave his job of many years to come home and take care of me, I would be in a nursing home right now. That is true. So, when I say.." I made a batch of Soap today"...I am REALLY Saying, My husband made a batch of soap today and I Helped some, I did what I could do and I had a blast at it" So ya, my life has changed, shucks, even the story alone about HOW I got hurt to begin with, is a story all on its own!! The doctors said to me that the injury I sustained was WORSE Than what Most ppl ever have while in a car accident, and I got hurt to the point of paralization and my main artery being ripped open, all by simply falling down while walking to my car. My story is way to graphic for a sweet nice soaping forum, but if anyone ever wants to hear the FULL story of what happened to me, and are open to graphic telling with Ex ray pictures, please feel free to contact me and I will be glad to share with you thru the privacy of email :-)
  8.   0 points
    Wow. ArtisanShelly what a story. I would prefer reading your book on Caramels. My Mother-in-law made some up last November and I had my oldest sell some at school. Yeah, that was a short career. Some of my friends refer to me as a Prayer Warrior. I love to spend my morning with my devotionals before starting my day. And in the afternoon try to make soaps or some type of soap projects. Some of my friends don't understand why I can't get with them for coffee. I just have a different schedule then them and I chose to spend my time productively instead of just sitting for coffee. (Don't get me wrong I love their company but once a month.) I've been trying to stay off media sites and I can get stuff done and when I in the mood, I love my music. I was a singer in school. And ArtisanShelly how do I contact you for your story. I too have one. But I only had been told by the doctor one more car accident and I will either be cripple for life or dead. Yeah those where he's words. I chose to live my life in pain. (My back, legs and neck). I totally understand.
  9.   0 points
    well then...no more car accidents for YOU....ha ha...is it agreed? GOOD...ha ha...I had a similure thing tolled to me, I went to the Famous Mayo Clinic and was tolled I should just go home and make myself comfortable for the rest of my life until Technology changes...ha ha....That I hit the end of the road in the Medical Profession. Good thing we know an all powerful God!!

Ok, if you click on my name next to my face in any post, you will see my email address.
    I can do the same thing if I click on Your Name....I see a Yahoo Email Addy if I do that :-)
    let me know if you have any trouble
  10.   0 points
    Good afternoon ArtisanShelly. I'm so sorry for not getting back on this forum again. Life keeps dragging me to some new places. Like the fact that my hubby's truck's engine blew up and we had to purchase a new truck for him so he can get to work. My kids are out for the summer and we have company here until the end of summer break. And just last week(Friday) I was informed by my sister that my little brother was in critical in the hospital. We saw him last night and he's doing a lot better. He has to stay in the hospital until the end of the week. But he may have to live with pain for the rest of he's life. We won't know until the end of the week.
  11.   0 points
    I will pray!!! and hey, we all understand LIFE happening and thats why forums are here when we can just relax and play for awhile
  12.   0 points
    Thanks ArtisanShelly. How are you doing? My poor mother-in-law and myself are wanting to make soap but we can't seem to get our schedule to work together. I'm thinking of going back to work for a while so I can help with the family budget. I'm dragging my feet with the resume part. Wish me luck.
  13.   0 points
    I just prayed for you...I hope your job hunt goes well.