Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorApril
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2015
      5 points

My husband hasn't said boo about how much I spent (yet), if he does I will drizzle a piece of meat with that 25 year balsamic vinegar and waggle it under his nose, then run ;-)

Investment, right?!?
    • CommentAuthorMaryT8M
      0 points
    WOO HOO!! where did you find the books?
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      0 points
    MMS! I've been eyeing them a while. I figured with all the experimenting, I probably should order them! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      1 point
    Oh! And I tried that 25 year balsamic on my leftover lasagna......woweeee! Super delicious and savory :-D
    • CommentAuthorMaryT8M
      0 points
    I'm going to need to look at the catalog a little closer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      1 point
    Embarrassed O_o

I practically have it memorized.

I swear it's the only one (maybe).
  1.   0 points
    I got the liquid soaps book....I need to buy the cream soap book next!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2015
      1 point
    Super awesome score! I hope these books are helpful on your adventures!

My favorite use for that vinegar is to cut fresh tomatoes into cubes, sprinkle a little salt and herbs on top, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Viola! Instant bruschetta that goes well with any rustic bread. Then I have bread, bruschetta with 25 year Balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Super easy and simple dinner. (At least for me, DH still thinks meat is required at every meal. I just threaten to tell his mother that he isn't eating his vegetables and then ... silence!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      1 point
    LOL, yes, meat is required at almost every dinner in my house too...but I am Celiac, one of my daughters is too, the other is a modified vegetarian, and my husband, well, meat! Sometimes it's a challenge to get us all fed right ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      1 point
    Couple of years ago, in honor of my daughter and her boyfriend, I whipped up a gluten-free vegan Thanksgiving meal. It was a challenge at first, but turned out to be a fabulous meal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      0 points
    Awesome Christine! I bet your meal was wonderful!!!!
    It's challenging at first to figure out how to eat food that tastes good when there's a huge dietary issue (and then pickyness involved). 9 years ago I thought I might starve to death when I first found out. Definitely easier to find good food these days!
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      1 point
    Andee, you forgot the crumbled feta cheese in your recipe!I have only tried the Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar and it is amazzzing! I can't wait to try the rest!
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
      0 points
    April,
    I'm feeling like a brainless idiot! I'm sorry for forgetting about you being Celiac. I can only imagine what juggling is required to feed your family!

My mom says that my dislike of peppers and anything spicy makes juggling my meal preferences problematic. I just shrug and when I cook dinner, I find other flavors instead. DH loves spicy food and since he grew up eating spicy things like Sichuan (Szechuan) food, I'm always dividing the pot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2015 edited
      0 points
    Becky,
    Have you ever tried mizithra? It is a sheep or goat cheese that I like a little better than feta. Then again, I like some cheeses that people think are strange.
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      0 points
    Now I'm hungry.
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      0 points
    I have not tried mizithra, Andee! Where do you get it? I would love to give it a taste. Sheeps milk is hard to come by here. I have been trying to talk a local market vendor into getting a special breed of sheep to milk but her husband says no. She is 100% on board, though. Wonder if we can convince Rockhill!
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      3 points
    Andee, here's a tray of petite deliciousness our caterer made for one of our parties! They are SO yummy, they'd be sinful with that 25 year!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2015
      0 points
    April,
    That looks amazing! My morning cup of coffee doesn't seem as satisfying anymore!

Becky,
    I've only picked up mizithra at Tony Caputo's down in Salt Lake. I've only found it in the specialty Italian stores. If Rockhill would make sheep cheeses, that would be cool!
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2015
      0 points
    My first thought was Caputo's, Andee. Will pick some up in a few weeks when I am down next.
  2.   0 points
    Hi April I Bet that liquid Soap making Book has way different recipes in it than the one I posted....how interesting. But yet, it will be FUN for you to try different ways of making liquid soap, I did it the harder way by following OTHER RECIPES That I found all over the internet. I have tried so many recipes I think I lost count, but the best one FOR ME...is the one that I listed in the forum. But ya saying that, their sure are so other good ones out their. We all need to find what works for us as individuals...right? good good. have fun with your books