Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015 edited
      4 points
    I love learning new things to express what I am feeling with my soap. My oldest daughter and I have a favorite scent. We love to bury our faces in fresh blooming peonies and breathe in and in and in and don't ever want to stop. I have in the past tried to capture this scent - making tea with the petals, infusing in oil, even tried a rudimentary set up of the enfleurage method, to no avail. At that point I had given up and forgot about this quest until very recently someone on a Facebook group shared this method:

https://youtu.be/oxZuX7kVNgI

I saw this video and immediately knew that I had to do the peony soap right now. My daughter and I were in town and stopped in at a local supplier where we could smell the wall of fragrances. We were looking for a peony scent, but they did not have one, so we got creative. We found two scents and blended them together and NAILED IT! I am so excited, I have been sniffing the soap every 10 minutes. And the last little bit in the FO bottle, I added a few drops of spray clear emulsifier, some water, and poured the whole mixture in a atomizer bottle so I can carry it with me. I can't get enough of it.

Anyway, here is the soap. The picture isn't very good, the lighting is off, but I can't wait to show off:

Peony Soap photo BrushEmbroidery_zpsljmqkiij.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015
      2 points
    And while I'm at it, here's what I did with the scraps and leftovers:

Wedding Favor Soap photo PetitSavon_zpsw7r7jzmz.jpg
    • CommentAuthorTaylor
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2015
      1 point
    Wow! That is so beautiful!
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      0 points
    These are beautiful Christine!!!! :-D
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      1 point
    Wowza! Absolutely stunning, Christine!
    • CommentAuthorMachins
      1 point
    Amazing! That's why I love this craft. So much creativity. I can't quit going back to your picture. I think you nailed it Christine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      1 point
    This is why I love being part of this forum and a couple of groups on Facebook. If you do it all alone, you're kinda stuck with what you find within your environment. But if you're out there with others who understand your craft, you get inspiration from all over the place! This was something someone else shared and they showed a picture of some of the soap they made. Theirs was blue with white. Very beautiful! And ever since I saw that, I could not go to sleep at night without thinking about it. This was the missing link. So I got to try, and it worked out wonderfully, so I already have ideas on how to expand on this technique and do different things. will be fun experimenting.
    • CommentAuthorMaryT8M
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015
      1 point
    OMGoodness your soap is beautiful.......my ONLY disappointment was that I THOUGHT you were going to say you found the PERFECT Peony FO at MMS..........I've also been looking for it, but now it's been so long since I've smelled REAL Peonies that I'm not sure HOW they smell :-(
  1.   1 point
    I can eat the second picture, right?? Wow, they look edible and lovely!! We are ALL proud of you Christine :-)
    • CommentAuthorHannahobs
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2015
      1 point
    Those are so beautiful! You are so creative with your designs!