Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2015
      0 points
    Just sharing a link here to see what other people think. I have been reading some of the things that are contained in this bill and right now am pretty discouraged from ever growing my business at all. There is no way I can continue doing what I am doing, alone, if I have to register my manufacturing facility, if I have to send them my ingredient statement for every product I make and renew this annually. I might as well just pack it up.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ContentRecord_id=89ff88b8-5fb1-4617-b96a-c46547ca14ef
  1.   0 points
    This is definitely discouraging considering one day I would like to sell my creations. :-(
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2015
      3 points
    The only thing that discourages me in this bill is the user fee. As a small business, I already have a lot of fees for city, state, federal. So, it will depend on what that fee may be. The regulations, themselves, are welcomed. I am tired of media shaping my customers thoughts. I would rather have sound scientific studies to back those thoughts. And, I certainly don't want to be using something that is harmful. The regulations aren't over the top. Definitely doable. Depending on that user fee. As a consumer, I also feel this is a good thing. I see people experimenting with crazy things and freely promoting their product w/o regard to even current FDA guidelines. I am knowledgeable enough to be cautious. But, not every consumer looks at data but, instead, follows media hype.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      2 points
    Okay, I have had a chance to read it a bit more in detail and feel a bit better about it now. It doesn't apply to businesses that have gross annual sales of less than $ 100K. I am thinking by the time I get there, hiring someone to keep track of my paperwork and coming up with money to pay the fees will be a lot easier. So meanwhile I'll just keep doing what I am doing.
    • CommentAuthorblyeager
      1 point
    Yep! And, yep!
  2.   0 points
    Here is the full Bill as submitted by Sens. Feinstein and Collins.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=445a9268-4964-4de0-89f9-4caf577099f2

Have fun reading it.
  3.   0 points
    Thanks Christine for Posting This
    • CommentAuthorDebi B
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2015
      1 point
    The fee is waived for smaller businesses. The requirement to register product ingredients is not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2015
      0 points
    The fee is waived for businesses with gross annual sales of less than 500K. If you have sales between 100K and 500K you will have to register products. Under 100K you do not.
    • CommentAuthorsoapbuddy
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2015
      0 points
    The way I read it was as long as you make a true soap and make no claims, you are exempt.