Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.   1 point
    OK, so I placed an order for some additional oils. One of them being a gallon of babassu oil (which I love!). I have never ordered such a large amount of babassu oil from this vender. I assumed since the babassu oil is a solid oil that it would come in a pail like other solid oils I have ordered in the past. Well, not this one!!! The babassu oil came in one of those large gallon pourable containers. Oh wise ones.....how can I get the oil out??? It's still pretty chilly here in MD, so leaving it out on the front porch for a while may not do the trick. HALP!
    • CommentAuthorTaylor
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2015
      1 point
    I would try putting it somewhere warm or if you don't want to wait, fill the bath tub with some warm/hot water. Put the sealed jug in the water. It will allow thing to get semi fluid. From there, shake your gallon well then use.

If you don't want to use the bath tub, try a large stock pot on the stove. Just make sure it doesn't overheat.

I hope this helps.
  2.   2 points
    Thanks, Taylor!!! I think the bath tub idea will work for me!!!
    • CommentAuthorCece
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015
      0 points
    I've also put a gallon container of babassu oil in the freezer to get hard and then cut off the plastic pourable gallon container. I would not put it on the stove (from a bad experience I did this and the container tipped and touched the hot side of pan and opened up - I lost the entire gallon as it mixed with the hot water - what a HUGE mess it was. I like the hot bathtub idea, or heat water in a pan and remove pan from heat and set in warm water to melt.
  3.   1 point
    CeCe....you have given me a great idea!!!! I just ordered some buckets from MMS, so I am thinking I am going to cut my babassu oil out of its current container (after freezing) & put it in one of my buckets when it comes in.