Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.   0 points
    I know what the difference between a sole proprietor is & what an LLC is. But for those of you with your handmade products business, which one are you? What made you choose one over the other?

I'm still in the "development stages" & formulating my recipes, so I am no where near this stage. But I want to open up a discussion to see what avenues others took.

Looking forward to learning some more from you wonderful soapy friends!
  2.   0 points
    I too know the difference of the sole proprietor and the LLC. But wouldn't you choose the LLC because I heard your more protected as a business entity. But yes, I would have to agree can others please post on here their business knowledge. Thank you in advance.
  3.   1 point
    Tigerlilies,

I think you & I are on the same page. I am thinking when I finally do start selling I am going to go the LLC route. I'm wondering if there is something that I don't know....like things only people currently selling would know. ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2015
      1 point
    Hmmm. I would recommend checking with an accountant because there might be tax advantages one way or the other. They will know your local area and the best option for your state.

I'm better at advising how to make soap than start a business!
  4.   1 point
    Andee,

And you make another good point!!! I didn't think about that maybe one over the other would be a better tax advantage. Excellent point!
  5.   0 points
    Thanks andee. I totally forgot about tax advantages. I just recently read about seeing an accountant about your business questions. Also Monica3177 have you checked with your local community college (in our area Oregon) we have a small business group who can also help with our questions. Of course I haven't had a chance. I've been too busy with helping my husband find a truck for work and now have kids home for the summer and a family friend staying with us. I'll try to be more attentive with this topic.
  6.   0 points
    Thanks, Tigerlillies! I am going to look into that & see if there is something like that local to me. It didn't occur to me & that's a good idea! :-)