Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorApril
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015
      1 point
    In my last order from MMS, I received a lovely little bottle of Apricot Liquid Soap. I like it very much. It is thin like Dr. Bronner's and packs a powerful lather that isn't drying! I really like the very light color of the soap so went in search of the recipe->

"If you follow our forum we even have the recipe over there!" - In the description of the soap

I looked everywhere!

Would someone please point me in the right direction??

In the meantime, I set about with my own recipe...

The Apricot Soap is the little bottle on the left :)
    I used light colored oils to try and mimic the color. Not too shabby :) I sure would like to see that recipe though :-D
  1.   0 points
    You go girl!! I need to make liquid soap again, we just ran out of hand soap in the house.
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2015
      1 point
    Oh noes! Yes you should get to some soap soon then :-D

Have you seen that recipe?
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      0 points
    I do not remember seeing a liquid soap recipe on the forum, April, but Andee sent some wonderful liquid soap in a swap that we got the recipe for. I don't know if you participated in that one, if you did, look up the booklet.

Your soap looks very beautiful! Love how clear it is!
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
      0 points
    It was the recipe from the swap with some minor changes. April, would you like a copy of that recipe?
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      0 points
    Oh Yes Andee!!! I would very much like the recipe :-D Thank you, Thank you!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      0 points
    Thank you Christine :)
    I didn't participate in that swap, I was still too new...can't wait for another one though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015
      0 points
    When you are ready, let me know and I'll answer any of your questions to the best of my ability!
  2.   0 points
    Where is the recipe? Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2015
      0 points
    Andee whispered it to me, so I can not share here. I'm sure she'll share with you too if you ask and when she's back in the office :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2015
      0 points
    Here is the recipe in full for anyone else who would like it.

Here was the swap recipe. It was from the Beauty in Bloom swap, so you can go back to that swap to read any notes or reviews.

48 oz Coconut Oil (60%)
    24 oz Apricot Kernel Oil (30%)
    8 oz Castor Oil (10%)

19.37 oz KOH
    50 oz water

The oils were 150° F when the freshly mixed Potassium Hydroxide solution was added. The soap proceeded to mix well through the cottage cheese and then the sticky taffy stages. Once the soap reached the translucent stage, I began adding water for dilution. You can add up to 120 oz of water for dilution. If the soap is still cloudy you can add small quantities of a NaOH/water solution to help clear the soap and
    potentially thicken it. My NaOH/water solution was:

2 oz NaOH
    4 oz water

I added 12 mL of this solution to the diluted soap.

Once the soap was completely diluted, I let it sit to allow any particulate to settle out.

Final additions:

0.25% Green Tea & Cucumber Fragrance
    0.50% Germall Plus, Liquid

I've added a fragrance and preservative to this soap because I think a scented soap smells nice and I wanted to protect you from anything that might find the soap tasty. It is a thinner soap, but I hope you enjoy it!