Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsudzclf
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015
      1 point
    Want to try a cream soap but not sure how to calculate useing both lyes. Any suggestions? Appreciate all help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      1 point
    Use summerbee meadows advanced calculator for now. Andee mentioned to me that she's working on making the MMS calculator cream soap compatible but don't know how long until it'll be ready ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
      3 points
    Thanks for reminding me. I'll ask the programmers in the morning about this. I think we are close!
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
      1 point
    Looking forward to your calculator mods Andee :-D As you know I've come across some inconsistencies in lye calculations and am excited to get closer to the mark ;)
    • CommentAuthorsudzclf
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2015
      1 point
    Thanks, I'll check the site out now. It will be great to have a MMS calculator.
  1.   1 point
    I'm curious about the MMS calculator too. Sorry for jumping into the conversation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2015
      1 point
    Right now we have a teeny-tiny bug that is not wanting to be found.
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2015
      1 point
    Who wants to try out the new calculator? It is live!
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2015
      1 point
    Oh my goodness! This IS an exciting day! I was a busy girl and missed all of this! Andee, I can't wait to try the calculator and will at the earliest :-D
  2.   1 point
    Where's the link to the new calculator???? I need to know! :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2015
      1 point
    It is now a part of their regular lye calculator :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2015
      1 point
    • CommentAuthorsudzclf
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2015
      1 point
    Made my first cream soap Monday, had to take a peek today and was suprised at how creamy it is.Used the MMS soap calculator and superfat @ 6%. Couldn"t find the book by CF, did buy one by Sally Hornsey- How to make your own soap. Found it to be vey easy to understand and to flollow. I have Catherine Faullors Making Liquid Soap but sometimes find it difficult to follow her. It is going to be hard to wait another 4 weeks to try it. for anyone with crem soap experience, how much castor can be added to get more bubbles? Also for shaving can witch hazel be added? Thanks
  3.   0 points
    Hi Sudszclf, Congrats on making your first cream soap!! I have never made this, others have, so I am sure somebody will pop on and help. But good for you!! How much castor oil did you use....meaning, what was your original percentage to begin with please? this might help the person who can help you. I use LOTS of castor oil in my liquid soap, upto 20%, but its not really needed to go that high...10% is my normal average...and some will say 5 percent is just fine....I tend to go against the grain and just DO what I like to do. For me, I LOVE a higher percentage of castor oil. Its one of my Favorite oils for liquid soap!! But ya, what percentage have you started off with please?
  4.   0 points
    I have only made 1 batch of cream soap so far but from what I have learned 5% for castor oil is used. For my shaving soap I used the high stearic acid recipe that provides huge abundance of bubbles and great slip. I have not tried witch hazel but I cannot see why you cannot use it. Try a very small amount and monitor thebatter over the weeks and months.