Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.   1 point
    Hi ALL, I wanted some soap dishes for my shop and so Shane's Hobby Shop has created the soap dishes for my soap to be sold. The Soap Featured in the Video in my Wood Grain Soap that I made. I could NOT find any help creating my wood grain soap so I had to make a soap all on my own, kind of like my OWN Soap Challenge....he he....but it turned out pretty good, and I know the NEXT wood grain soap I make will be much better due to the fact that now I have learned what to do and what not to do. I have been selling the soap dishes at $6.00 and so far that seems to be a good price. When somebody makes a large order of soap, candy or other, I have been just giving them a FREE soap dish.

So, I wanted to SHARE with you the video for Shane's Hobby Shop where the soap dish gets made and give out the instructions to ALL of you so YOU can make a soap dish too and sell them. Hey, why not, right? We all share around here and if any of you can make this soap dish and make some money doing it, great!!

I am thinking of making my OWN video sometime and on how I make the Wood Grain SOAP cause I think it would be a great thing to share what I learned so that OTHERS can make their own version of wood grain soap too. I know that some do use a tool to make the wood grain, but I wanted a soap that was wood grain all the way thru the soap, so as you use the soap, and the soap gets smaller, you will be able to have that LOOK all the way to the end of the soap. like I said, my next one SHOULD be better of-course, then the one in the video, but I needed to get Shane a soap quick for his video and I wanted it to go inline with woodworking, since that is what HIS Channel is all about.

Ok...ENJOY!!

PS, If you watch the video, can you please leave a note on the youtube channel and tell him "Artisan Shelly" Recommended it to you? Thanks!!! ps...the video is a bit grainy itself and NOT the best quality, but he is trying and is super new to making videos....I am sure he will get better in time.

Thanks so much My Soapy Friends!!!

2.   0 points
    Cool!!! Can't wait to watch it when I get home. I can't see YouTube videos at work, booo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorApril
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2015
      0 points
    :-D I think you're wood grain soap is super cool Shelly! I'd definitely watch a video on how you did that. Looks fun! Very nice of your friend to share his process and showcase your soap too.
  3.   3 points
    Thanks April!! Yes, I will post a link here to a youtube video when I get it created. I had allot of fun making that wood grain soap!! it might be awhile before I re make that soap, but I am sure I will cause it was so fun to make!!
  4.   0 points
    This video is really cool and to have your soaps with the soap dish is even better. Congratulations Shelly! I'll head on over to YouTube here in a bit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015
      0 points
    What I really want to know is how you made the design in that woodgrain soap! It looks amazing!
  5.   0 points
    Thanks everyone!!! I have not been around much...long story short my son asked me to start doing youtube videos for him so that i could TEACH him the things in life that I know...not just cooking....not just soap, but many things...anyhoo I hope to go public on or around Jan. 1st 2016, God Willing. I have a YouTube Channel already and a facebook page that explains MORE about the videos.

if you are interested....please ask me privately in a message to me with your contact email. I will send you the information. I do not feel its the right thing to post it public here as it is MORE than just soap.

Due to this new venture, It WILL be taking me away from this and other forums. But hey, when your CHILD asks you to do something, well then, You do it :-)
    This is FOR my Teenage Son....he simply wanted to KNOW the thinks in life that I know. He lives 3000 miles away from me. I love him so much

You all are an Awesome Bunch and I am so very glad that I got to know many of you :-)
  6.   0 points
    Thanks everyone!!! I have not been around much...long story short my son asked me to start doing youtube videos for him so that i could TEACH him the things in life that I know...not just cooking....not just soap, but many things...anyhoo I hope to go public on or around Jan. 1st 2016, God Willing. I have a YouTube Channel already and a facebook page that explains MORE about the videos.

if you are interested....please ask me privately in a message to me with your contact email. I will send you the information. I do not feel its the right thing to post it public here as it is MORE than just soap.

Due to this new venture, It WILL be taking me away from this and other forums. But hey, when your CHILD asks you to do something, well then, You do it :-)
    This is FOR my Teenage Son....he simply wanted to KNOW the thinks in life that I know. He lives 3000 miles away from me. I love him so much

You all are an Awesome Bunch and I am so very glad that I got to know many of you :-)