Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2016
      0 points
    So for several years, I have been trying to get the soap out of the kitchen and spare bedroom. When we moved to the new house, I was promised a separate workshop. My husband was going to build me one. But we all know, life happens and things do not always work out the way we plan. The building project was in its beginning stages and sat in our yard as a monument to all good intentions for 2 years.

This spring, I drove by a nearby shed lot with a friend and what caught my eye was this huge USED sign. I stopped and took a closer look and it was apparent that the person that owned it before did some nice work on it. I showed it to my husband, and we ended up getting a really good deal on it. It's a 10 x 16 shed with two storage lofts. The previous owner had already put insulation into all the walls and added windows to one side of it.

After my husband put in electricity and sheetrock, I spent the rest of the summer making it my own. I painted and put in floors. I added shelving. I built a counter for a stainless steel countertop I had found in a salvage store. I traded for a 3 compartment sink that I also built a counter for. I also traded for a small refrigerator. I found some other furniture and supplies inexpensively from a local soapmaker who decided to pursue other ventures and now my shop is complete.

I got to enjoy a couple of soapmaking sessions in it already and am in absolute soap heaven! Everything right there, at my fingertips. I have my creative space without distractions! I had to go to work today, but can't wait to be back in the shop tomorrow to make some more soap! It's been way too long and I have missed it so much!

Can't wait to show off pictures once I get going. And look forward to being part of many more soaping discussions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2016
      0 points
    Also, if any of your soaper friends have a minute, your vote could really help me out a lot! It won't cost anything except a minute or so o your time.

http://offerpop.com//campaign/808852/entry/6723349
    • CommentAuthorMachins
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2016
      0 points
    Welcome back! Your new soap shop sounds like a dream. Have fun in there! You need to post pictures, would love to see it. -Sarah
    • CommentAuthorHannahobs
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2016
      0 points
    That 'soap house' sounds so cool! you put your heart into it, can't wait to see pictures!
  1.   0 points
    Welcome back! This sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the pictures. Enjoy!