Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrattissia
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2017
      0 points
    Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to make a jelly soap? I know that another supply company offers a jelly melt and pour but I prefer to keep my business to MMS if I can! Does anyone have a recipe that they've used and had any luck with?

Andee, Taylor, etc do you guys have any advice on this? Offer a product that will do this that I haven't been able to find in the catalog?
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2017
      0 points
    I have seen videos to where people die this with liquid soap and gelatin. I haven't personally tried it, but it sounds like it would be a fun experiment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorc2bb54
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2017
      0 points
    I have made a jelly soap before, but it has been quite a few years. I don't know if I can find the recipe or not. I'll look.
    • CommentAuthorrattissia
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2017
      0 points
    I saw that recipe too where you add gelatin with liquid soap and called someone in the tech team at MMS. They said that it would be something that you could play with but not something that they felt that you should sell as you have no idea how long it'll last and about preservatives, etc.

c2bb54, I'd really appreciate it! I'd love to be able to make one and not buy out of MMS for this! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorc2bb54
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2017
      0 points
    I remember it had gelatin in it and it was ok, but I also remember it wasn't one that I preferred, that is why I didn't make it anymore. Still looking for it.
    • CommentAuthorJeanieber
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2017
      0 points
    Jelly Soap

2 packages of unflavored gelatin
    3/4 C boiling water
    1/2 C castile soap
    1 tsp salt
    scent and glitter if desired

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Gently stir in liquid soap and remaining ingredients. Pour into molds and refrigerate until gelled. Just like jello.

That being said, it is fun to play around with but as a product... it didn't work, and it doesn't ship well at all
    • CommentAuthorkellyon
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2017 edited
      0 points
    Jeanieber, great thanks for the recipe! I'm a big fan of homemade cosmetics. I use onle natural ingredients and oils. I've already ordered special containers at (link removed by admin) for my soap and creams. Want to make my first Jelly Soap this week.
    • CommentAuthorWitwolf
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2017
      0 points
    Hello! I make this a lot and make it with kids in therapy.
    I use the recipe that Jeanieber suggested though I reduce the gelatin by 1/2 packet (can even do by 1) and will often use my favorite body wash! Super easy.
    Sometime gelatin has a strong scent, and thus I reduce it.
    I pour the liquid into any silicone mold and refrigerate for +-4 hours, until solid.
    Have fun with it...mix in glitter, etc... It's best when made into larger "bars" as opposed to cute smaller ones.