Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrattissia
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2011
      1 point
    When I went to Boston my sister showed me this candle that is basically a solid massage oil until it's heated by the wick. She absolutely LOVES it. Says it's the best one she's found for glide and absorption. I mentioned that it was a shame that she didn't have the box for me to read the ingredients at which point she went into her closet and pulled out a whole BOX of brand new unopened massage candles. Wow! Lol

I was wondering if you ladies have made any of these massage candles? Do you ever worry about the wax getting too hot and burning someone?

The brand is Afterglow Natural Massage Oil Candle. Ingredients:
    Soybean oil, Shea butter, Palmarose Oil, Jojoba Oil, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, Diethyl Phthalate, Iso E super, d-Limonene, Linalool, 2-(4-tert-Butylbenzyl) propionaldehyde [Lilial], Hydroxy-methylpentyl-cyclohexenecarboxaldehyde, Citral, Geraniol, Galaxolide 50 DEP, Lemon Oil CP Extra FCC, Linalyl Acetate, Dihydromyrcenol, Dedione, Helional, Lilial, Lyral, Petitgrain S.A., Tonalid, Aldehyde C-10, Aldehyde C-18, Alpha Terpineol, Ambrox DL, Cis-3 Hexenyl Acetate, Citrol Extra, Natural, Citronellyl Acetate, Cyclal C, Dimethyl Octanyl Acetate, Floralozone, Geranyl, Acetate Syn. 85%, Hyacinth Body, Leaf Alcohol, Octohydrocoumarin, Oranger Crystals, Styrallyl Acetate, Violet Leaves Absolute.

Btw I love that one of the ingredients is "Natural"! That's in the actual list! LOL
  1.   0 points
    when I first read your title I was thinking "that must be a 'hot' new item". i didn't think you actually would pour melted stuff directly on someone, but it seems that is what you're describing. I would think it would be safer to warm a massage bar up in your hands and then rub it in. and, holy cow, those are kinda expensive.
    • CommentAuthorrattissia
      0 points
    Yup, these you either pour directly onto the person or brush on. And yes, they are extremely expensive in my book. $20+ each! She just mentioned she liked it, nothing about the cost. I guess to her (she's a RN) the cost is worth the effect she likes?

I'd like to figure a way to make them. I think they'd be a killer item to get down ingredient wise.
  2.   0 points
    what if you made something that could be warmed in a melter (scentcy type wax candle melts that are wickless or that use a small tea light), or warmed up on those little single mug coffee cup warming plates? do either of those make sense? way outta my experimenting realm for now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
      1 point
    The Soap Queen had something about massage candles on her blog. Interesting. http://www.soapqueen.com/bramble-berry-news/massage-candles-final-thoughts-and-round-up-2/

I tried them, and they were okay. Something to know about the whole candle thing is that soy wax has a "memory" and so you need to allow the wax to melt completely on the top to pool out to the sides of the container. Otherwise, your candle will tunnel and you'll run out of wick before you run out of wax.
    • CommentAuthorrattissia
      0 points
    I could put a wick in them. I've made candles and wicking them is easy.

These massage candles that my sister used didn't have any "wax" in them though. It was almost like a lotion bar that you put a wick in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEsther
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2011
      0 points
    I found a site that has massage candle base for about 6 bucks a pound--- it's only shea butter and soy wax that you add fragrance to.... I'm willing to bet you can make your own with soy and shea.
    • CommentAuthorkomal
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2017
      0 points
    Candles making is almost a issue because of you getting busy. If you want a natural handmade product in a affordable price then I would like to recommend you Nyassa's Fruit Scented Candle since I got this for this Christmas and it is amazing