Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRenee
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
      12 points
    I just had to share how much I LOVE being a part of such a wonderful, open and sharing community of soapers! There aren't many other areas of crafting where people share as freely as we do, and I just LOVE it!

This is just yet another reason:

I got a message on my FB fan page from another soaper. Apparently she makes a certain product, and she had a customer that was looking to purchase that product, but in specific colors. Rather than buying the colors and making the product.... she contacted me (through yet ANOTHER soaper that recommended me!) to make the product for the customer, since I've already got the colors. How FUN!! She even shared where she gets the packaging that she uses... because if I'm going to make these for her customer, I want them to be as close to what she makes (and what the customer is used to getting) as possible.

I just found this sense of sharing absolutely WONDERFUL! And I had to pass the story on to you all.

I love my soaping family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

~*Renee*~
  1.   1 point
    That is great Renee!
    • CommentAuthorBonnie
      0 points
    That is a great story Renee! And see how much she respects your work, that she trusts you with this!
    • CommentAuthorCece
      2 points
    Huge compliment to you Renee - congratulations! It does also say something about the soaping community which is definately different than other industries.
    • CommentAuthorBeckaBoo
      3 points
    What a cool opportunity for you, Renee!

I agree, this community has been wonderful to become a part of! I respect and value all of you so much!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
      0 points
    That is very inspirational Renee :)
    I would be tickled pink! Kuddos!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRenee
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2012
      10 points
    OMG!! And now, yet another push from another soaper!! I was helping my friend (who also makes soap) pour candles to fill a large order to go to Tokyo. My friend wants to put some of MY soaps in the "Thank You" basket for this customer that just ordered $6.5K worth of candles from her!!!!!!! =oO I can only imagine what *might* happen, since the last time she sent this lady samples, she ended up with a *small* (by THIS customer's standards) SIX THOUSAND DOLLAR order!

I think I need to go sit down.....

~*Renee*~
    • CommentAuthorcaren
      0 points
    Sounds like you have the chance to be famous soon!!! Way to go!!!
    • CommentAuthorCece
      0 points
    You might be in soap literally up to the ceiling soon Renee! Love, love those kind of customers.
    • CommentAuthorBonnie
      3 points
    Oh Renee, I hope your friend can help you make soap!
    • CommentAuthorBeckaBoo
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012
      0 points
    Oh Renee! I hope it leads to something GREAT for you!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012
      0 points
    Fingers crossed that things happen for you :)
  2.   1 point
    Wow Renee! Cool!

Just curious here...candles to Tokyo...how did that transaction originally happen? Did the candle maker know someone there?

Becky
    •  
      CommentAuthorRenee
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012
      0 points
    Becky,

The original candle transaction came about via Etsy.... believe it or not! The client contacted my friend a few times, and then purchased a number of samples.... and the order just grew from there! Pretty amazing!

~*Renee*~
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012
      1 point
    Goes to show you never know where a break will come from.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRenee
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012
      1 point
    Nothing like signing in to your FB fan page at 1:30 in the morning, to find THIS:

"I ♥ it! Loved it so much I couldn't wait until tomorrow to let you know. Thank you so much for the sample. You have definitely smashed any doubt I had about using a homemade soap. It smells awesome, lathers up perfectly & looks so Pretty :) I made sure I saved enough to last me a few more days :)"
    Photobucket

Ahhh... the fun that can be had by sending a quick sample in the mail! <3

~*Renee*~
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012
      0 points
    *Big smile*
    Makes it all worthwhile!
    • CommentAuthorBonnie
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2012
      0 points
    That's awesome Renee!
    • CommentAuthorBeckaBoo
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2012
      1 point
    Renee, you are so awesome! Seriously! :)