Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.   0 points
    Hi,

I just learned about soap leaves, a one time use tiny soap leaf. Anyone know where to find the molds? They wouldn't even have to be the shape of a leaf, maybe a small petal or other thin shape.

Thanks,
    Terry
    • CommentAuthorcaren
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012
      0 points
    I have made petals, snowflakes and leaves, but they were the silk ones that you dip into M&P, seems that little kids love these as well as hostesses for parties and such. I looked online for the silk items, it was cheaper than places like craft stores, even with the shipping. I hope this is what you are looking for. Good Luck!!!

caren
  2.   0 points
    My friend bought some soap leaves and is putting them in the mail for me to see. From what she says, they are in the shape of a leaf, but super thin, so after one use there is nothing left. I could make them using shavings from my soap, but having a nice shape would be better.

Terry
    •  
      CommentAuthorRenee
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2012
      1 point
    There was a tutorial on another blog a while back about using Water Soluble Paper and printing leaves/photos on them, and then dipping them into M&P soap. The end product is really thin, and single use.. the soap lathers, and the paper dissolves, leaving nothing behind.....

I wonder if this is what you're talking about?

~*Renee*~
  3.   0 points
    soap petals
    anyone familiar with camping soap?
    biodegradable pocket soap "TrailBoss".
    you may be able to cut to shape.
    • CommentAuthorBeckaBoo
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2012
      1 point
    It was my understanding that all soap is biodegradable? I have seen soap leaves in store and what Renee described seems to fit with those. Not sure how else you could get the soap thin and uniform enough.
  4.   1 point
    Renee,

I think that is what I am looking for. I will look to see if I can find a blog. It might be more trouble than it is worth, unless you can do a big batch at one time.

Thanks,Terry
    •  
      CommentAuthorRenee
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2012
      0 points
    Terry,

Here's the link to that tutorial that I mentioned: http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/melt-and-pour-soap/make-like-a-tree-and-leaf-2/

~*Renee*~
  5.   0 points
    Thanks Renee, how is easy is that! I like the comment from someone who suggested large punches, rather than cutting them individually. I don't think I will be making hundreds of these, but perfect for guest bathroom, or would be good at a show to have samples of your scents.

Thanks for your help.

Terry