Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012
      0 points
    I just got some organic virgin coconut oil today and it smells so yummy I was thinking about making a lip balm with a high percentage of it in it. What kind of experience have you folks had with coconut oil in lip balms? I am worried that it won't hold up to the heat and be all melty then leak out of the tubes in shipping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
      3 points
    I use coconut oil in my lip balm and love it. Keep it to less than 25%. It does melt if you get it way hot, but I think any of them will. It has a very, very nice glide to it, and my lips love it. Coconut oil is really good for your skin neat, so when you put it in a balm, it's going to do nice things for you. I haven't had any trouble with it getting so hot that it melts totally and leaks. I have had it melt in the car when it was shut up on the console, but even then it didn't leak. HTH. :-) Oh, the virgin coconut oil is fabulous! You can taste/smell the coconut. Yum!!

This is an excellent guide to making lip balms by MMS. http://www.thesage.com/recipes/recipes.php?.State=Display&id=19
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
      0 points
    Thanks Ana!
    Just what I needed to know :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012
      0 points
    You're very welcome Mesha! I had to look it up... I use coconut oil in my recipe at just over 14%.