Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2012
      0 points
    I have a project I want to do asap and I need an ocean or water type scent blend for it but I don't have one :(
    I can't afford to place an order for something for a couple months so I need to make it with what I have on hand.
    Anyone know what I might blend to get it? Or where to even start?
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2012
      0 points
    Do you have any fragrances the are light in scent? Flowers, greens, musks?

Look for scents that could be classified under the following colors.

Green: plants, herbs, and other growing things.
    Blue: water, ozone, air
    White: light florals, cottons and laundry.

You may consider other scents, but this is where I would start. Vanilla might be an accent note, but let's worry about that later.

Look at descriptions for Mediterranean Silk, Ocean Rain, Rain Orchid, Forks, Esme and Carlisle. See what you have that would be similar.

Good luck!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2012
      0 points
    I have a Downy fragrance oil. Essential oils I have are sage basil and juniper that may be candidates.
  1.   0 points
    Basil, for sure, it is so green and earthy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2012
      0 points
    Hmm. Downy, basil, juniper, with a touch of something sweet like vanilla. Just to balance.
    Try the list in the following parts. 3:1:1:(.5-1)

Written out: (Because my fried is brained and I really should be in bed)
    3 parts downy
    1 part basil
    1 part juniper
    .5-1 part something sweet like vanilla
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2012
      0 points
    Nice!
    I have some vanilla FO I can use.
    Thanks Andee!
    Let you know how it does soon as I have a chance to play- busy week
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2012
      0 points
    I'm not going to be doing the swaps for a while. I wish I could, but just can't for now. Don't worry about the shipping! I hope I've sent you something useful, though. :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2012
      1 point
    I'm so glad you can use at least some of them!! Ya never know what you'll like by the catalog until you get to sniff it. I did that one time - just ordered about 20 fragrances in one-ounce sizes just so I could smell them! I didn't know I could just ask for a sample!!! Live an learn. :-) Have fun!!
  2.   3 points
    The sampler (sampler7 from MMS) is an excellent way to try new scents!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012
      2 points
    Made that sea water and sand soap :D

There is only sand in the bottom layer and on top. Idk if it will be very scrubby since it is a really really fine sand they call sugar sand. I put some coarse sea salt between the blue and what layer and sprinkled on top along with a bit of the sand.
    Thank you so much Ana for helping make this possible. Wish the scent wasn't one you didn't like or I would send you a bar. If you want one for a gift let me know.
    • CommentAuthorBonnie
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2012
      0 points
    Ooh, that looks really nice! You'll take more pics when you cut it, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012
      1 point
    Gorgeous! Sometimes a fragrance smells sooooooo much better when it's in a product than just in the bottle. :-) I'm pretty sure about the ones I sent, but I'm so glad you found one you liked!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012
      0 points
    Looks great! I'm glad Ana helped you find a fragrance! I'll be interested in how the finished soap looks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
      2 points
    Finished soap is gorgeous!! I am very proud :D

Love how the sugar sand in it feels! It is not scratchy at all but give that perfect amount of light exfoliation. It is just slightly more scrubby then a salt bar made with fine grain salt. Now I am thinking on a way I might incorporate the sugar sand in another future batch.
    I am bummed I forgot to add the sodium lactate in it that I just got. I heard it will increase the lather and the salt water did a number in the lather in this bar. It still bubbles semi- decent though so I guess I shouldn't gripe too much.
  3.   0 points
    Beautiful Mesha!
    • CommentAuthorBonnie
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2012
      0 points
    Well Mesha, you should be proud. Very beautiful.