Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2012 edited
      1 point
    I was uploading some pics of the displays from the event Thursday Evening and I found I was very proud of how good they looked compared to previous ones. I just have to share how much of a difference some small improvements have made. The few pics I have seen others post of their set-ups really helped me get ideas. I just wish there were more of them since this was one of the things that was hardest for me to figure out. Hope ya'all will post yours too!!!

Before:

Newest:

I love the cute colorful little buckets I got at the dollar store. Their small size helps me fit more scents on the table in smaller space since I have so many. They also add attractive splashes of color that do not detract or take attention away from the soaps like those sloppy old bandannas did. The professionally made small banner with our business name on it is a clear improvement!!! For under $10 from Vista Print on sale I would recommend that something similar be a 1st purchase for new sellers.The sheets for table clothes are so much more elegant looking and hide the stuff under the table. I had no idea how ugly that looked from a distance. Cutting out all of the signs that had the scents on them seems to have cut down on the general clutter of the look and folks don't seem to much miss them. I wonder if they even noticed them to begin with?????
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2012
      0 points
    It is a learning process! I am forever trying to improve my displays and labels. Your goods look really nice! Well done on the displays!!
    • CommentAuthorcaren
      0 points
    The new displays look so much less cluttered, and I think that you are right in that most people don't look at the signs anyway, even though my bins are tagged, people will always ask me "what scent is this", or "what does this have in it?". Maybe more people than I realized don't read, or they are just making conversation. Love what you have improved on. I have thought of baskets but I like your bright colored mini tubs!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
      0 points
    The tubs only hold 3 bars and the "sniffer" but so far it hasn't been a problem. I have wondered if having fewer bars out creates an illusion of scarcity and need to buy it now. Past 2 shows that I have ditched tho old baskets and bandannas I have certainly sold better but then I also have been in more of an artsy type of location too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRenee
      0 points
    Loving the new displays!!!! Definitely a more welcoming "feel"... with better "flow"... <3 Love it!

~*Renee*~
    •  
      CommentAuthorc2bb54
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2012
      0 points
    You new display definitely looks more organized than the previous one. One of the things I learned from a seminar I attended was that you can have too much stuff and cause customer confusion by the overwhelming variety of items that you have on display. This is one time when less is definitely more. You don't have to put everything that you have out for them to see, but you might try downsizing a bit. Have a bit of space instead of looking like you are trying to put everything out for them to view. The senses can only handle so much before overload takes over. Just a suggestion. Cindy
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      0 points
    i love your new display! it looks classy and sophisticated. and as far as putting everything out . . . . compare fancy boutique stores (the expensive ones!) with discount stores like target! which one would you rather be?
    • CommentAuthorBonnie
      0 points
    Love your new displays Mesha. Very professional looking.
    • CommentAuthorCece
      0 points
    Like your new look Mesha, good job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012 edited
      0 points
    Good point Cindy and Chrima :)
    I do think I have too much and have been trying to cut down. What do you think might be an optimal number to have?
    My biggest problem with cutting down is I have a bunch of scents since I love to try out new ones all the time. I have even (gasp!) pretty much quit making soap :( That's no fun!

Thanks for the compliments everyone :)
    • CommentAuthorcaren
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012
      1 point
    You could have your usual line, then have a limited line, that way you could always change things up to try new things. If something from the limited line becomes requested more you could add it to your regular line.
    • CommentAuthorLaura D
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2012
      0 points
    Your new display is much better than the old ones, but still seems a tad crowded. I like the sign though, it looks great.

Check out these guys: https://www.facebook.com/#!/CellarDoorSoapCo I love their display. They're not local, but the pictures make me feel like when I came across their booth, I'd have to tell whoever I was with to come back later because I'll be here smelling soaps.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2012
      0 points
    I agree I need to do something about the crowding. It is much better but still needs work.
    Love their little display boxes! I bet they make for a quick set up and take down plus they seem like they would be really protective of the soaps too.

Had to laugh at this sign of theirs
    •  
      CommentAuthorc2bb54
      0 points
    Setting up displays that attract while not being so cumbersome is a definite talent. Sometimes having different levels can be inviting. It needs to look pleasing without appearing cluttered or stuffed full. I have done little risers with maybe 3 things on them. Try grouping; such as keeping your insect repellent type stuff together; one of each and replace as they sell. I even made a mobile out of whimsical items and soaps. Surprisingly enough, it was an eye catcher and brought people into the booth. I did not put every type of item that I had on display, but I did have lists of available types so that it was clear that I had many types available. I also had gift packs already together for those who are more "impulse" type of customers. Sometimes the customer doesn't know what to get and they appreciate having things together so that they don't have to choose. You will find your niche with practice and looking at other's displays as well. Good luck! Cindy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
      0 points
    You don't happen to have any pics of it do you Cindy?
    Love the idea of having a list of availability :)

In the past I did very poorly with the gift baskets but it may have been the location I was at too.
    It was really irritating since shrink wrap is so dang expensive! Possibly having the baskets but not wrapped might work so then they can choose what goes in them.

Anyone else have any display pics to share?
    •  
      CommentAuthorc2bb54
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012
      0 points
    Unfortunately, the only pictures I have are of ones when I was first starting out. These were wooden boxes that held different products. They looked nice, but I have since changed them and "dolled" them up a bit with color and labeling. Yes, shrink wrap is very expensive but I buy it by the big old roll in different colors and pattens and it really adds to the look. I've added colored ribbons and shaped papers as well. I do calligraphy and I'm pretty handy with making customized labels and things so I'll make some fancy cards and stick on them and add the names of the recipients in calligraphy for free...it adds a nice touch. Sometimes I'll even do some origami and put with it, but that is time consuming so I don't that very often unless someone requests it. At the holidays, I've added a little ornament to the packaging before just to add a nice touch. Believe me, the sky is the limit, and the more of these shows you attend and look at, the more the ideas just fly into your head. Sometimes I think I should get my ideas in a book form, but they are just in my head, lol, and when I take a shower, I'm afraid they will leak out :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2012
      0 points
    I wish it was easier for me to get over to Houston. We are close enough to Houston most of the events tend to go there so we don't get a lot.
    I have yet to lay eyes on another soap maker though I have heard of a few in the area.