Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorping
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2012
      5 points
    So here I am with mass amounts of lye in the basement all the time for soap making...how long do you think I pecked around with a slow drain in the bathroom? Well, at least three weeks. Due to a not so fancy bathroom renovation the drain is screwy and has always drained poorly, but came to a standstill recently. You know the "I can't even brush my teeth in here anymore, and lord help me if my HRT falls into the sink when I am trying to get it out of the bottle, cuz I am so not going after it, kinda thing?"

This morning I remembered that I have actual drain opening material on hand. So, between the lye and the plunger, I am back in business. Doh! Talk about tunnelvision.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
      1 point
    LOL! Um, yeah, I've done that too! Glad to know I'm not alone!!
    • CommentAuthorBonnie
      0 points
    I have, too. Also glad to know I'm not the only one.
    • CommentAuthorcaren
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2012
      3 points
    Me too, except with oil....was cooking and needed some olive oil, made hubby run to the store, when all along I had gallons of it in the soap room. When he returned, he asked me "if the olive oil for soap was any different than the kind used for cooking".....I felt soooooo stupid!!!
  1.   0 points
    Yup, or not having shortening....except for that ten# bucket of dehydrogenated soybean oil.
  2.   1 point
    LOL, you ladies are crackin' me up today!
    And good grief, our tub drain is very slow, and I never even gave the lye a thought!
    Ha! Get that drain fixed up in no time now!
    Thanks for the idea...and the chuckles!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
      1 point
    Me -I was out of sugar never thinking of the 20lb bag I had for scrubs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchrima
      3 points
    funny thing is, i steal things out of my kitchen cabinets for soapmaking all the time, but the stuff that's in my soap closet is off-limits for cooking!
    •  
      CommentAuthorandee
      1 point
    This thread is funny because I can relate! Who else has oh duh moments?
    • CommentAuthordjames
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2012
      0 points
    I tend to keep my oils (Macadamia Nut, Grapeseed, Olive oil, etc.) in the kitchen so we will use them regularly and they won't go rancid. Since I only make items for us and family, they would sit for too long between batches.
    • CommentAuthormuffy jo
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2012
      1 point
    When I get a big shipment of oils, I tend to put the overflow in the fridge. Out goes the food to make room for the oils. Hey -food and dinner are overrated. There is always "air sandwich".