Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorMaryah
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2012
      0 points
    okay so i have been looking for a liquid shampoo and a liquid condtioner recpies. the thought is that if homemade soap works so well how well will those work? i don't want a base i want to make it from scrash. any ideas?? oh and my mil(mother in law) has a bad dandruff issue especaly around winter.
    Maryah
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2012
      0 points
    I'd suggest an olive oil liquid soap, super fat it to about 8%-10%. If you look on The Sage's blog, you can find a recipe for a split-end hair serum (not sure of the name of it, but you can use the search function and it will come up). That's a really, really nice recipe for a leave-in conditioner. I use that one all the time. If you go ahead with this, you gotta take pictures and let us know how it turns out! :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2012
      0 points
    I believe there is an episode of Soap Queen that is a tutorial on making a conditioner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2012
      2 points
    I found this link last night. You will have to find the previous link that goes with it. Very interesting. :-)
  1.   0 points
    Thanks for posting the shampoo video.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2012
      0 points
    Shame it doesn't have a preservative so it isn't good to keep long term.
    Loved the tip she gave about the coconut milk though! I hadn't thought to use it in my shampoo bars so now I might try it :)
    • CommentAuthorpapi
      0 points
    I don't think that adding coconut milk and extra olive oile to a shampoo is a good idea!
    In general shampoo should not have a superfat (when I make I try the most ~2%).
    Coconut milk, as a milk, contains fats too. Olive oil is an oil.
    So, those will add superfat and our shampoo will no longer be a shampoo(it won't clean well and it will leave greasy hair).. Maybe it's a good idea only the coconut water when we have really dry hair and we are sure for a 0 superfat, so that it will add just a bit more ;)
    Although, all that would make a great mild and emolient body shower :)
    • CommentAuthorpapi
      0 points
    As for a conditioner I will suggest you to try vinegar!
    Applecider vinegar(you can extract herbs for a specific therapy and store it into fridge for ~3weeks) and dissolve 1/4cup of that vinegar extraction with 3/4 soft water(the one we use for ironing!) every time to rinse your hair, simple, supereconomical and with good results!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMesha
      0 points
    Papi- I superfat my bars and have had no trouble with greasy hair. One just can't get all crazy superfatting too much- course then the bars will go rancid or get DOS if one does.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
      0 points
    I also superfat my shampoo bars @ 8%. It leaves my hair very nicely conditioned and not at all greasy. I've seen recipes for 10% superfat, but these tend to be really soft bars, so I have avoided them. I don't have soft water, so maybe this makes a difference in the super fatting.
    • CommentAuthorMaryah
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2012
      0 points
    DOS??? lost on that one.....
    maryah
    • CommentAuthorpapi
      0 points
    I superfat my shampoo bars at 5% and add at tracing some vitE to avoid rancidity. The topic asked for liquid shampoo, as the video shows us; I am trying to avoid any more superfating than 2% not only because the clearness of the mixture (which I don't mind at all!!) but because when I made a liquid batch with 6% superfat the result not to clean my hair.
    I admit that on that has a role water and type of hair, but generally superfat is not the best for moisture.

What I do many times is to apply an oily mask(some coconut with yang yang eo) and then shampoo my hair, adding in the end the vinegar solution. I have thick and curly normal hair and that works great ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorAnaBanana
      1 point
    I love, love, love the way my hair feels when I pre-condition with coconut oil. It's amazing!